Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ojewriej's reading log

• 20-05-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Just found this part of the boards now. Great idea.

I just finished reading "The Shadow of the wind" by Carlos Ruiz Safon.

It was all right, a lot of suspense, but the ending was dissapointing.

The one before was "Europe at War 1939-1945: No Simple Victory " by Norman Davies, which I thought was very good. It was actually one of the best books on WWII i read.

Now I'm in a mood for something lighter, I might re-read one of Adrian Mole books, they still make me laugh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

SInce the last time i read:

The Trench - http://www.eason.ie/look/9780552149686/Trench/Richard-Van-Emden, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. Quite interesting stuff.

Adrian Mole - the Cappucino Years - guilty pleasure

2 minute rule by Robert Crais - http://www.amazon.com/Two-Minute-Rule-Robert-Crais/dp/1416514961/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213087986&sr=8-1, meh, don't really know what's the fuss about.

The Kite Runner - really liked it, especially the ending.

Reading A Thousand of Splendid Suns at the moment.

Thousand of spledid suns was excellent, reall food for thought.

At the moment I'm reading two books - The Isles, a history by Norman Davies, over 1000 pages, I read this one only when I'm home

The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov, for when I'm traveling

Things didn't go according to my plan really. Instead of reading the ones above I got distracted and read:

Shogun by James Clavel - really liked, coudln;t stop reading. Plus it's almost 1200 pages, love that.

Down Under by Bill Bryson - pretty funny, but put of going to Oz a bit. Too many things trying to kill you.

Neither her nor there - by Bill Bryson - it was all right

And The Lost Continent - also by Bill Bryson.

So basically I went on a bit of a Bryson spree, after seeing few people reccomending him here. He is good, but a bit repetitive i thought. But i suppose it's my own fault, what's with reading 3 travelogs in a row.

Hoot - by Carl Hiaasen. I'm a big fan of his writing, so gave it a go even though it's a book for teenagers. And I thought it was very good, as far as kids' books go,m even though he left few loose ends.

At the moment I'm reading Crazy Horse and Custer by Stephen Ambrose. Just started really, and liking it so far, but then again I liked all his other books, so no surprise here.

Advertisement