Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda background check.

Options
  • 20-05-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question regarding the background check for the Garda recruitment, I've applied to join and am waiting to hear back but i'm afraid something on my background will lead to me being rejected. I'm 21 now but when I was 17 and going through a (Rebel) stage I got caught with a tiny ammount of weed and brought to court, the judge didn't convict me and let me away with a fine. Will they see this and reject me because of it, it was a stupid mistake and other than that i'm all clean, healthy, in great shape etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

They will def see that on your record - as for rejecting you I dont know. Ring your local Garda station and arrange to meet with the Super and just ask him straight out - he'll tell you. I have a criminal thingy (putting it generally) with a member of my immediate family and the Super told me "well you cant choose your family now can you?" and Im starting in Aug!
    However your offense is on YOUR record so Im not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

*Time line bump:rolleyes:*

Mite help someone though when your a minor under 18 dont you have a juvenile record as soon as you turn 18 thats scapped so any misdemenors dissapear dont they?

any body who knows what there talking about feel free to correct me:p

oh and op did ya get into the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

once you were not convicted it should be ok. also you were under 18.also if you have been working ,collage since it shows you have moved on and that it was just something you got out of your system when you were young. everyone does stupid things when they are young.. if they are only minor the slate is wiped clean. I would,nt worry about it. background checks can nearly take a year or more so would,nt panic if you havent heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

i was 16 and got stopped with few cans and they took them off me and rang my parents and the usual, didnt get a JLO thank god, and then recently i was taken to court for not having an NCT on the car that i was unable to book the NCT as it was an imported car(even though i could tax it and it had irish plates) Told the judge everything in court and was still fined!! Is this going to affect my chance of someday getting in??? or should i follow another dream!!!

Advertisement