Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hans Vogl/Multi-tableing

Options
  • 20-05-2008 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I was just glancing over FTP cash games, as I like to do (serious railbird, I don't even have an FTP account), and I noticed Hans Vogl was 9-tableing 6-max 400nl. How the f##k is this possible. While I'm struggeling keeping 2 tables going, this guy is 9-tableing a high limit (to me) game, where everyone is trying to take a piece of him. To me this is just superhuman.

If anyone here is 9 tables, or even 6 tables for that matter. Care to tell me how they do it? Was it something that came with years of practice, or is multitableing just come natural to them? This is an incredible feat to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

I'd say he subcontracts a few of the tables to other players. He definitely couldn't play 9 all on his own. Something definitely up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

I have a bot crushing 1000nl 6 max. She currently 12 tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Add one at a time, practice etc, if your timing out drop a table, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

just gets easier over time,i used to think 12 tabling was sick, now i find anything less pretty boring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

just gets easier over time,i used to think 12 tabling was sick, now i find anything less pretty boring

Level?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Level?

BigMickG is the man to talk to, guy 12 tables sng's on PokerStars every day, he's a machine lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

the trick is several mouses, im up to 6 mouses , 3 tables per mouse = 18 tables

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You can get the mice off these guys if you need more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxBJyonNgw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

dot.

The sooner microgaming allow more than 10 tables the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

A lot of trolling on this thread! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Hmmmn whats the big deal. Most are not leveling here.
    While it's not something I would do it's by no means uncommon.
    While 2-4 maybe high to you it's a fairly easy level for a good few people to grind out.
    Like I suck at putting hands in and I 6 table a bit, it wouldn't be that big a jump to 9 table. I just wouldn't really want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

serious answer:

There are two main types of muscle fibres in the human body, called slow twitch muscle (type I) and fast twitch muscle(type II). These roughly corresponding to red versus white meat. Top sprinters are born with an excess of fast-twitch muscle -- no matter how hard you practice, unless you were born like this you simply won't be able to compete with the best. Conversely, unless you have more slow-twitch muscle than usual, you will never be a champion marathoner or long distance cyclist.

athlete's muscle:
    uchr01img0109ws8.jpg

Those who are born with the ability to multitable universally have a normal amount of type I and type II muscle, but also third type of tissue mixed through their muscles, especially in the forearms and torso. This is triglyceride, a lipidal tissue.

multitabler's muscle: (the lighter pink fibers are lipids)
    mammalcardiacmusclesmalgv6.jpg

While there are exercises you can do to increase the proportion of lipids in your body, unless you were born with a genetic predisposition to develop excess triglycerides you will probably never be able to play more than four tables without timing out.

Here are some links that will tell you more about the types of muscle tissue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_muscle
    http://home.hia.no/~stephens/fibtype.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

6 tabling is about my comfort level playing at levels I can beat robotically, I find any less and my game suffers actually through boredom, I've yet to try more though, maybe I should. I can play a 25/22 style over 6 tables, it just came with pratice. Started with one, then two, then four, then six, and each progression was easier than the last. But basically the more hands you get in on a level the more robotically you can play and so the more tables you can have open as your thinking time per hand becomes less and less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

When you consider what some people are able to learn how to do, such as fighter pilots, 9 tabling poker isn't that incredible. If every computer came with 2 monitors I would say that 9 tabling would border on standard. A lot of people multitable up to the point at which they become uncomfortable fitting them onto their screen, not up to the point where their head explodes.

It just takes practice, though some people will always be better than others depending upon sensitivity, intelligence, and concentration levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

9 tables isnt that hard tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Hi OP, i think you will find that you have to think about your decisions for a few seconds maybe and the guys on here have played so may hands and been in the same situation so many times that its just second nature when that situation comes up again. If you want to increase your multi-tabling capabilities id recommed sticking with one table untill you find that you dont have to think long about any decisions. Once you are at this stage just add another table every time you get comfortable.

One thing i would mention is that nobody should play more that 3/4 tables if their game need alot of work and they are losing on a regular basis. This is because you wont realise you are making mistakes as you are not really thinking through the hand and just acting like a machine. Im currently at the inproving my game stage and play 4-6 tables while reviewing my big hands after i finish a session which is also an option if you dont have much time to play poker but want to play alot of hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

Hans Vogl is extremely nitty anyway so he doesn't have that many decisions to make

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

RoundTower wrote: »
    serious answer:

There are two main types of muscle fibres in the human body, called slow twitch muscle (type I) and fast twitch muscle(type II). These roughly corresponding to red versus white meat. Top sprinters are born with an excess of fast-twitch muscle -- no matter how hard you practice, unless you were born like this you simply won't be able to compete with the best. Conversely, unless you have more slow-twitch muscle than usual, you will never be a champion marathoner or long distance cyclist.

athlete's muscle:
    uchr01img0109ws8.jpg

Those who are born with the ability to multitable universally have a normal amount of type I and type II muscle, but also third type of tissue mixed through their muscles, especially in the forearms and torso. This is triglyceride, a lipidal tissue.

multitabler's muscle: (the lighter pink fibers are lipids)
    mammalcardiacmusclesmalgv6.jpg

While there are exercises you can do to increase the proportion of lipids in your body, unless you were born with a genetic predisposition to develop excess triglycerides you will probably never be able to play more than four tables without timing out.

Here are some links that will tell you more about the types of muscle tissue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_muscle
    http://home.hia.no/~stephens/fibtype.htm

BAN

OK, multi-tabling seems to be standard. I'm gonna work at my 4 tabling. Seriously, when I watch those pokersavy videos where they're four tabling, I don't know WTF they're talking about half the time, there's so much action going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Redargoe often 16/17 tables the 5/10 and 10/20 6max games on stars and wins significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Andrew Wiggins was 16 tabling 2/4 NL there on FTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Ansky has a video on Pokersavvy where he's playing on every single 25/50 table going on Stars and Full Tilt. I think it was 9, (2 of which dropped down to HU for a while) and he was commentating on them at the same time.

So OP 9 tabling is basically not much. Also blainj2's post was good above. That is basically what it's all about, there are soooo many decisions that don't involve any thinking at all once you get to a certain point, and between my usual 4-6 tables, I'd say I actually have to think about a decision maybe once a minute between all the tables. And rarely would I have a tricky decision on more than one table at a time.

The trick is just to make the standard decisions without even thinking about them. e.g.
    Table 1: A3o UTG, fold
    Table 2: AQ CO - raise
    Table 3: checked to me on the Btn after I raised PF - make a standard C. bet on a Kxx flop
    Table 4: 67s on btn folded to me: Raise
    etc. etc. etc. etc. These decisions take no time to think about so all you need to do is move the mouse and click a button while thinking about the decision you may be faced on another table.

As you can see you don't need to think about any of these simple decisions, it's generally only when you get to the Turn or River in a hand that a decision needs to be made....

Advertisement