Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardener Landscaper Required

• 20-05-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi

I'm in south city Dublin, near Harolds X and I have a Small / Medium garden which is overgrown. It was partially dug last year and I ran out of time before the winter came in. Too busy to do it myself now as I'm combining work and college.

Looking for something cheap and cheerful with a combination of slabs/gravel with some grass, basically somewhere to enjoy the sun.

Have a budget of around 1,500 - 2,000. I'm willing to get a digger in and dig it out beforehand if this helps. I've also a couple of oddjobs too which I've put off for too long

Has anyone had anything similar done or has any recommendations. I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hey,

I have a friend that does Landscape/Garden Design. Details are in my sig.
    She can do up a plan for you and provide some paving contractors names.

But for a such a small budget you'd probably be better of just getting a contractor in direct. A design would cost around 4-500 quid which would eat into your budget a bit.

If you're not in a rush, the Bloom flower show is coming up. All the designers will have a list of contractors they used to create their garden. You could ask them for the names and have a selection of contractors to choose from and even examples of their work! Most will be more than happy to give out the names.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm in south city Dublin, near Harolds X and I have a Small / Medium garden which is overgrown. It was partially dug last year and I ran out of time before the winter came in. Too busy to do it myself now as I'm combining work and college.

Looking for something cheap and cheerful with a combination of slabs/gravel with some grass, basically somewhere to enjoy the sun.

Have a budget of around 1,500 - 2,000. I'm willing to get a digger in and dig it out beforehand if this helps. I've also a couple of oddjobs too which I've put off for too long

Has anyone had anything similar done or has any recommendations. I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

It is possible to find good landscapers that both design and build gardens. In my experience splitting the function often results in the client paying more in terms of discussion time, build time, and ultimately cost.

Avoid designers without first hand build experience and similarly avoid landscapers with poor design skills. Skillsets are easily determinable. It should be possible to get a modest sized garden designed for < € 500 but depending on the scope of the design, your overall budget would severely limit the scope of the project. Assuming end result will include Natural stone paved Patio area (€ 100- € 120/sq m) , roll turf € 10/sq m, basic gravel area (with hort liner) c € 45/sq m modest planting € 50/sq m, specimen planting unit charge € 150-€ 250, general labour (€ 600-€ 900), waste standard skip hire €270 each. You can do the sums.

You'll have great difficulty finding anyone with good skills to take on a project and in my opinion Bloom is probably not when or where you'd want to begin your search.

Advertisement