Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE work to rule, Connolly Hospital

Options
  • 04-11-2009 11:06pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. . .

just thought I would bring the following to yer attention, as not too many people are aware that all Impact trade union members who work in the HSE/public sector are going on a 'work to rule' strike from this coming wednesday the 21st may.

Basically they have refused to refill job vacancies among Social workers, Physiotherapists & clerical staff which means these staff members have been working overtime and much longer hours than they are contracted too do, all in the name of good will you ensure a better standard within the HSE. unfortunatley we have been unable to achieve this, because of they severe staff shortages.

How will this effect Connolly Hospital?? one answer. . . hugely.

Impact members will operate on a work to rule. Members will ONLY do the work they are contracted to do. overtime will not be done. we will not help out those who are absent from work for whatever reason. we will not take on extra work loads or responibilites.

Will the patient suffer?? again one answer. . . most likely. unfortunately.

It is not our intention to make the patient suffer. At the end of the day, we are there to try to help these people. not to make their lives any worse.

We are not going on strike looking for more money. All we want is some more HELP. we need extra staff. badly.

So yes, this is going to have a huge knock on effect at Connolly. For me, personally, because of the job I do, this is going to be very very hard. But we have to draw the line somewhere. I really hope the government realise this, and replace the staff who have not yet been replaced in the last year. Realistically, the above is fr the patients benefit.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement