Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uTorrent

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

anyone experiencing download difficulty with uTorrent? have a few torrents open, all with 1000+ seeds, have disabled windows firewall, the modem hasn't got firewall enabled, im connected via usb to the modem, and I still get the amber (exclamation) mark for my network. Im at a loss. Only other thing running is Avast and it doesn't have firewall.

anyone.....

thanks in advance for advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

A few things:
    (1)Your ISP could be throttling your torrents, although as far as I know only one Irish ISP does this and I cant remember which one.

(2)Problem with your router, look at this www.portforward.com

(3)Utorrent has a speed/port test function which will show you if the port you are using is being blocked or if you have a NAT problem on the port, try testing different ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Comp/Tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

More then likely the problem is that you havent forwarded the correct ports. I would reccomend dumping utorrent and getting vuze if you have a upnp rputer, as vuze will do everythign for you. But if you are some way compitent stick with utorrent and forward the correct ports then stick your firewall back up with a rule exception for utorrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

uTorrent supports uPnP. I have utorrent set to randomize ports, with uPnP on, it's always got an open port.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I'd also recommend increasing your half open connections (default setting is 10) to 50 or 100. Download EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip in order to change this setting..Warning....WinXP sp3 resets this back to 10 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

That patch doesn't seem to work with SP3 at all - there's a few others around.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭saltrock2007

found the solution, aparently a few people with my hardware are having it: the modem is setup as a router, so port forwarding can't happen at all

solution: make the 2nd router, the wireless one, as wireless access point

finally!

thanks for the advice anyway

Advertisement