Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:03pm

Right. My body is weird. I hardly ever get spots or coldsore or anything embarrassing like that, only when something important is going to happen. Take, for example, before my brothers wedding. I was going to be a groomsman and up in front of 200+ people. A week before it, I get a freakin' coldsore. Managed to get rid of it the day before.

On Wednesday I am going to England to visit my girlfriend. It'll be the first time I meet all of her english friends properly. And what do you know, I get spots. Only thing is I generally get them in awkward places; the spot between the eyes and above the nose, on my cheek, etc etc.

What quick fixes are there for spots? I've tried toothpaste, and this has worked relatively well for some that were on that space between the eyes. What other ones are there that might help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Heya Boney!
    Pain in arse is all I can say, though a bit of stress never does anyone's skin any favours.
    My 'saviour' for the odd spot I do get is clean and clear's quick clear treatment gel.
    It's the business!
    Bout 6 euro in boots or the like, put it on before bed and you should see a difference in 2-3 days.
    Don't get it in your eyes mind!

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

that sucks, oh i hardly ever ever get sots but one moring i woke up with this big one a bit below my mouth, so i just poked it so the crap came out of it so it was less noticeable. i think i only got that though cos i hadn't been cleaning off my make up as good as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Suppose you could get some Sudocream to dry them out, works for me anyway, i throw it on at night before i go to bed

The ones on my cheek are those really sore beneath the skin ones. I think toothpaste has the same effect so I'll put some on.

Or of you want, get some tea Tree essential oil from the chemist.

It'll bring up the head of the spot though and help reduce inflammation. Be very careful with it though, you apply it with the tip of a cotton bud/ear pick and put vaseline on the surrounding area to protect it as TT can be quite harsh.

IMO, i don't find toothpaste works. I've tried possibly everything at this stage since I've had acne for years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

bud into the juice of a fresh tomato and dab it on going to bed works for me sounds a bit mad. also netrogena deep clean ex foliating face wash is great for keeping it at bay, as for the tea tree oil get cotton pads dampen it with water and add a few drops 2-3 max and rub dab it all over your face should stop further breakouts and clear up the ones that are after coming out. have a good time in england.

I found some sudocreem and it has actually worked a treat. They're not as visible as they were and have gone down a lot.

Good to hear!! Yay!

I've made the mistake alot to lash it on at night before i go to bed.. but i get it all over my pillows!! Still, it works a treat!!:D

Advertisement