Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdd problem

Options
  • 19-05-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi I have installed a new hard drive in my external drive/ media player, but when i hooked it up to the computer it picked it up straight away and installed it, but when i go to my computer its not there ! The pc says the drive is working fine but i cant see it on my computer,

Also when i hook it up to the tv i am getting the error message "the partition of the hard drive is wrong,Please format the the first "primary" partition with NTFS or FAT32 file system"

Anyone any ideas

Thanks

Gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You need to format it. Does the media player offer a function to format it? If not, connect the drive to a PC (in a drive bay in the case in connect it externally by putting it into a HDD caddy).

I guess you're running Windows so open up Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Disk Management. The drive should be listed here. You can now right click on it and choose to format it. With a large drive, it might be best to go with NTFS as Windows doesn't like creating FAT32 partitions greater than ~30 GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Aye fat32 is old and outdated, go with ntfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Cheers lads got it sorted in the end !

Advertisement