Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Air freshners

Options
  • 19-05-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anyone got any comments on the best air freshners out there ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

JoeySully wrote: »

Put as well spray a deodorant can into your mouth. There full of toxic chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Magic tree - Leather (hard to come by) or Coconut (Rare as Hens teeth)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

dts1 wrote: »
    Anyone got any comments on the best air freshners out there ??

Does such a thing exist.

Personally I hate the things and they have always put me off when looking at second hand cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

black ice.. Cant remember who makes it but it smells like hugo boss:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Magic Tree - New car scent, its a blue one.

Doesnt smell like a new car, but it is very nice, and not musky or overpowering like some scents can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

HJL wrote: »
    Magic Tree - New car scent, its a blue one.

Doesnt smell like a new car, but it is very nice, and not musky or overpowering like some scents can be.

+1

Never liked car fresheners till I came across this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Nah, ya want a Ambi Pure thing that clips onto your air vent its the bees, Just blast the air freshes the car.

Lovely.

Had loads of airfreshers and the just wear off after a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Vain wrote: »

Love this one, and magic tree make them too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Vain wrote: »

No - smells like davidoff coolwater!, it's magic tree that make them.

Magic tree - spice is the best, hands down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Can't remember the brand but the only one I like, and it doesn't make me feel sick is a purple maple leaf... it's forest berries I think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I hate all air fresheners. If I've 20 mins exposure to those Magic Tree things, I end up with a sore throat. Anytime I have to drive a customers car with a Magic Tree hanging from the mirror, I always put it in the glove box til I'm done with the car.

Best bet is to keep the car's interior clean. If it's clean there should be no need for air fresheners. Keeping a window open regularly helps keep the cabin fresh. I don't let the kids eat or drink (except water) in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

For longer lasting air freshners, put them in the airvent ducts in the car if they fit. The bottom of the magic tree ones slide just inside them, bringing new life to a used and old air freshner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

crosstownk wrote: »

Best bet is to keep the car's interior clean. If it's clean there should be no need for air fresheners.

True... But not so easy if you don't work at a clean job! Farmer, tradesperson etc. I'm a cabinet maker and I get about 3 or 4 days out of a full valet(done by myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

the neutradol blue ones are the business i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I hate car air freshners don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I like the blue ( New Car Scent ) one, I tend to keep one somewhere in the car at all times. The car is always kept spotless but I find the scent refreshing to get into. Its pretty much the only one I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I hang a pair of Piss stained nickers off the Rear view mirror, worx for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Always beware when buying cars - especially classics of a heavy air freshener smell from the interior. Its the classic method of trying to hide the stink caused by water leaks.

Once the air freshener wears off you will know all about it. :eek:

To answer your Q - I too hate air fresheners btw - buy a container of those scented wipes and use them to clean your dashboard - trim etc. Leaves a much nicer smell that's not so overpowering - that's what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I hang a pair of Piss stained nickers off the Rear view mirror, worx for me :)

Probably cheaper and better than any crap you could buy, and smells just as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get them from a friend in yankee candle. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

What sort of smell is it, could you describe it? If the car smells a bit, it could be the head gasket.

Advertisement