Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[rec]

Options
  • 19-05-2008 12:10am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

This is a Spanish horror movie filmed in the style of Cannibal Holocaust, Blair Witch and Cloverfield(and Diary of the Dead - but I haven't seen it).

Anyway it's a good example of the genre and the best I've seen since Cannibal Holocaust but there's absolutely nothing new here. In fact it's rather similar to Lomberto Bava's Demoni 2.

If you're into this latest fad of handheld shaky Mokumentaries then I'd definitely advise you to check it. There's some fairly good scares in there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

An OK film but not great - I felt for all the hype around it there was not much in the line of either originality or innovation. I actually preferred Land of the Dead, though this definitely had a far higher sense of tension and instilled dread. Not to mention, the amateur feel and perception of reality was far better then Land, whose opening scene was simply an epic fail.

Worth a watch but not remotely as brilliant as I had geared myself myself up to expect given the overwhelmingly positive reviews.
    Great final scene though....that was simply so very fucked up, with the night vision and that....thing rummaging around the place.

Advertisement