Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical IT Systems

Options
  • 18-05-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am learning about electronic healtcare records software

and LCD screens for display of X-rays and scans.

Anyone online here involved or into Medical IT products?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Hi all

I am learning about electronic healtcare records software

and LCD screens for display of X-rays and scans.

Anyone online here involved or into Medical IT products?

What is the software you are looking at specifically....or is it custom?

I don't work in the medical centre but a more specific question may be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I am learning all about DICOM and PACS.

The hardware featured is from many vendors - Agfa / Siemens / Philips etc.

THe software I've seen is from Siemens and an American Medical IT company called Cerner http://www.cerner.com

Cerner provide a complete computer based patient record in St. James's Hospital in Dublin.

The other day I saw a 6 MegaPixel colour monitor from Barco http://www.barco,com

There is some pretty cool hardware and software in the Medical arena.

I just want to reach out and contact anyone else involved in this area for a chat and a general discussion.

Here is a cool video of someone who connected a Nintendo Wii remote to a CT viewing computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radley

Eh I've seen vids on youtube of the US military use Nintendo Wii controllers for controlling some of their robots!

Makes sense -- why design and build a custom controller when you can buy one off-the-shelf for $20 and all the quality control has been done for you?!

Advertisement