Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Leinster

Options
  • 18-05-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Anybody else out there today?A very well run event,great marshalling of a large group to get everyone safely out of Enniscorty in trickey weather conditions and good support throughout the rest of the spin.I did the full distance with two tiring ascents of the mountain(and for once,in Ireland,it deserves its title) but still came in feeling not too bad.Was quite pleased with that!The fantastic food stop was a great help.Also a nice,friendly group of people dosn't hurt either.All in all,a great day out And a cool T-shirt to boot!What more could a man ask for.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

emty wrote: »
    What more could a man ask for.

Podium girls

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

You didn't see the podium girls???

Jeez the mountain really took it out of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They were only there for the lead group ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

It was pretty ****ty heading out of Enniscorthy alright.On the first ascent turning right,the really steep bit,couple of the lads fell off, they hadnt changed down quickly enough,great food stop in Kiltealy,good old fashioned scones and brack and sambos.All in all a very well organised event,good atmosphere and loads of laughs despite the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bad weather? It was overcast but cleared up nicely here in Dublin. don't think it rained all day! bummer. well done all though.

• Advertisement

yeah,got a text from a mate doing the club spin in sunshine in Dublin,the weather in Enniscorthy did clear up towards noon but it remained very dull.Bet he didnt work as hard as we did up the 1 in 4 section,didnt have time to take rain jacket off and ended up like a boil in the bag at the top.

Hey Emty,are you wearing your medal today?,i havnt taken mine off.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

I thought the guys who did the Mount Leinster Challenge on Sunday might be amused by this comment on the Wexford Wheelers website

Hhhmmmm Cake - 19 May 08

A well deserved pat on the back to Slaney CC for yet another well run Mt Leinster challenge. As most will agree it has become one of the top events on the touring calendar (if not the most painful!)

As good as the organisation was and as good as the route is, nothing compares to the food stop! What can I say to do it justice! It is worth climbing that Corrabutt wall of death several times while riding a child's bike, wearing barb wire underpants, carrying your nagging mother-in-law on your back and listening to Phil Collin's greatest hits. Actually I exaggerate........nothing is worth having to listen to Phil Collins. My point, really great cakes!

Not a boast but happy to report that the first man up the wall of death for a second year running was a wheeler, Martin Mizjayski.

Congratulations to Slaney again for a great Mt Leinster Cake I mean challenge.!

Like i said in an earlier post that food stop is becoming legendary,long tables loaded with classic fare,hearty proper scran,picture this ,scones piled high with thick butter and jam,brack,ooohhmm,the tables groaning under the weight of the sambos,lashings of tea and coffee,and smiling faces every where,come on, hats off to Slaney Cycling Club,ill be going again next year.

Advertisement