Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good poker site?

Options
  • 18-05-2008 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

hi,
    im looking to set up an online poker account and was wondering which one peoplewould recommend? i constantly hear that PokerStars is very good. i have only played on irish eyes poker before and not from my own account. i will be putting in about 700/800 euro and plan on playing mainly .25/.50 cash games and the odd tournament. what site would you recommend and why?
    THANKS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

would have 2 say poker stars are as good as they get,tried them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

pitbullpoker imo..

it's where i started out.. quite simply, teh dogs bollix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

they all have their good and bad points...

look for one that has plenty of games for your level and one with a bonus for you to clear so if u lodge 700 you'll get a 600 bonus on a lot of them....

my own p[references are pokerstars for tournaments and i-poker for cash (greenjokerpoker / paddypowerpoker)

there is also a bonuswhoring thread here somewhere thats worth a look

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

[nicK] wrote: »
    pitbullpoker imo..

it's where i started out.. quite simply, teh dogs bollix!

I'd never heard of this site before, and was even more shocked to hear that, they're on their own network :eek: !!!!

Is it really any good, I'm presuming it's a fishfest, cos I don't think anyone in their right mind would play here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hi,
    i have only played on irish eyes poker before and not from my own account.
    THANKS!

playing on someone else's account...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

cake poker, its full of donkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    playing on someone else's account...

playing in the eglinton i would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 kingofqueens

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    playing in the eglinton i would say

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 kingofqueens

is it easier to set up an account on poker stars or one of the i-poker sites and deposit money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Well with Green Joker Poker, on ipoker, you can deposit and withdraw via laser card which is very handy if you're starting off and haven't got a neteller/moneybookers. There's no charge for a deposit or withdrawl, the deposits are instant and withdrawls take around two working days. You get a 600 dollar sign up bonus too, and Ipoker games are notoriously soft. GJP was the first site I took a proper shot at online poker at, and I'd recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement