Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Mans Chrono

Options
  • 18-05-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey All Im Just Wonder What Is The Best Way To Get A Good Idea Of The Fps Of A Gun If You Dont Have A Chrono.i Bought A Cyma Ak47 Ris Yesterday And It Says 320 Fps On The Digital Warehouse Site And I Got It From The Shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/BulletDetail?bulletID=34

can help you, although knowing thew shop and the aeg i would advice borrowing a real chrono for an accurate reading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

to be honest i wouldnt trust the "poor mans chrono" method, theres so many variables involved and all cans arnt the same in all countries so its never gona be accurate, for instance have you ever tried to crush a coke can with your hands? i always crush the cans when im finished with them and a coke can is harder than a diet coke can, a sprite one is easier again, a club orange one is harder.,

You could cantact one of the proper retailers and ask them if they'll check it for ya or bring it to a gaming site and check it there, even if the AEG is hot the shop where you got it has to correct it for you.,

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

mossy : i'm thinking you're in cork.
    i have a chrono you can check it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Hes actually from Limerick, just bought the gun in Cork. But depending on what part of Cork your in he may still take you up on the offer.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ideally (esp. dealing with that shop) he should get it chroned in store before taking it home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

i would of got it chronoed before i took it home but he told me it was broken so it was the last ak he had so i just took it.the box and book say its under the limit.the site says its under the limiet and i compared it to one the exact same on wgc and its under the limit.

his chronograph was broken..........anyway, a lot of the early models of from cyma did come in <1 but there latter models have been slowing going up, newest line coming in at 400fps +

well sumhow i dont tink its up that high.well i fired it at a standard cardboard box and it only went in one side adn just stuck to the other side inside the box so that wud b gud yea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

as a rough guess from that discription it doesnt sound as if its hot but ya never know, best to get to a site or shop and have it chrono'd,,.,:)

from the picture you posted in the gtac thread it appears to be an old model so i don;t think you will have a problem, but as other have said better to get it tested

• Advertisement

ok cheers lads.well i compared it with my bros gun and his is under the limit and they both seem to do the same ting.il prob get it chronod at gtac on sunday and see waat the crack is

Advertisement