Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

report poster

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Does anyone think it might be worth having a report poster button in the user profile.
    Its just I've reported the same returning banned user a few times lately using the report post button whereas a report poster button would be handy.
    But it could be a waste I dunno what do ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd assume that if a number of posts by a user are reported, this would draw moderator attention to them. A report poster button could easily be abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Its not really in relation to the poster as he is a known problem poster and is banned already, until he signs up again:rolleyes:

I just mean that in this case I was reporting the poster not just his posts.
    And while I'd agree that it could be abused I can't imagine it would happen anymore so than with the report post button.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not a bad idea. Would be handy for spammers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I would like to know how to block abusive posts so that they do not appear on my screen.
    How is this done, please?

Anouilh wrote: »
    I would like to know how to block abusive posts so that they do not appear on my screen.
    How is this done, please?
    You can ignore posters using your ignore list so their posts won't show up. You can report abusive posts using report.gif.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The 'report this post' is the only thing I would and do work on. It brings you straight to the comment in question and it's clear cut.

Reporting an actual profile tells you nothing without further investigation. Nobody has the time for that. I certainly wouldn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We can make lovely decisions based on the users infraction history :)

Spankeh wrote: »
    We can make lovely decisions based on the users infraction history :)
    The money was only resting in my account. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

gerky wrote: »
    Does anyone think it might be worth having a report poster button in the user profile.
    Its just I've reported the same returning banned user a few times lately using the report post button whereas a report poster button would be handy.
    But it could be a waste I dunno what do ya think?

Squealer.

caoibhin wrote: »
    Squealer.

Have ya encountered casey yet:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

gerky wrote: »
    Have ya encountered casey yet:p

I reckon i could have him.

caoibhin wrote: »
    I reckon i could have take him.

Fixed that for ya sounds a little more like you'd fight him now rather than **** him.:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement