Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walther P22

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Anyone here own one? €329 for the target model seems like great value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

jcatony wrote: »
    Anyone here own one? €329 for the target model seems like great value.

lovely little gun i had one when they came out buy will do your head in with jamming .go for the,, x easy ,,sig 22 will jam up even when clean

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

€329 for the target model seems like great value.
    No, it really doesn't. Ask RRPC - he benchrested one and at 25m, it wouldn't even hit the backing plate for the rathdrum targets, let alone the paper target...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It's too light, the grip is too small (and I don't have big hands), it jumps all over the place when you fire and in our last benchrest pistol competition it came dead last with a 155 out of 300. A hammerli X-Esse came first with a 289.

There are plenty of good pistols that don't cost the earth and do far better for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

And just when I say that, along comes the very thing :D

Frankonia have a Hammerli X-Esse s/h for €249 in very good condition.

here

btw, I think this should be in the target shooting thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Anyone here own one?
    No, but I have shot one and I know plenty who did. All of them got rid of them asap! For a while thaye seemed to be one of the only .22 pistols available. I thought they were sh!t!:eek::eek: Very inaccurate and they jam alot. I would not take a present of one.
    hammerli X-Esse
    This is a great .22 pistol as is Browning Buckmark, Target 87 Berttta and best of all CZ Cadet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I recently got a ruger single six, lovely pistol. Got a 22lr cylinder and a 22 mag cylinder. Said goodbye to the 40 S&W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

Many thanks for the response.
    I know that this question has been asked time and again, but how difficult did you find applying for a pistol license? Right now i am thinking about trading in my brno 452 for a 22lr pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Many thanks for the response.
    I know that this question has been asked time and again, but how difficult did you find applying for a pistol license? Right now i am thinking about trading in my brno 452 for a 22lr pistol.

dont trade in your rifle just yet if your already a member of a club and have your security up to scratch apply for the pistol, its a completely different discipline so you have a valid reason for having one also .22 ammo isn't going to break the bank for both, so possibly twice the shooting fun;)

Advertisement