Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Broadband in Croom

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

HI guys

I have a friend who needs DSL/ Wireless broadband in Croom, there is a local company called bbnet who cannot provide a service

Does anyone know of any other company who can

3,O2, Vodafone have no 3G coverage either ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Can you see the RTE mast on Woodcock hill? (Or would something on your chimney / gable end see it?)

Would you pay extra for a custom install?

Failing that the only thing would be two way satellite about €99 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Micky Finn

Hi Tech.

Try National Broadband at www.nbb.ie .

Micky Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have that system (A2C) on 90cm dish and upload drops from 120kbps to 10kbps in light rain. Only 10mins away from Croom. It's too far from main footprint.

How are Kerry / Cork installs working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reademandweep

Where in Croom is the location ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I had BBnet for a while.

Worked great for 2 days then we had light mist and lost my connection.

Weather got slightly better but still no connection. BBnet blames trees and took it back offering me a full refund (if it was trees then how did it work for 2 days ??)

Before I bought the house (3 years ago) Eircom assured me that the exchange was on the list to be enabled and was scheduled to be done in teh next 3 months.

Last week they told me it was down for last thirsd quarter or early 4th quarter of this year (September October):mad:

The killing thing is I know that at least 15 houses in Croom have pre-registered for broadband with Eircom.

I have good Vodafone 3g coverage though.

I tried a number of providers but all said no straight away and Satellite is a non runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fkearney

Hi, I live about 4 miles from Croom in Manister. I get a decent enough service from 3 via 3G for 20 quid a month. I had to use a USB extender cable and place the modem on the roof but works fine for me.

Advertisement