Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring itunes music

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was just wondering about what would be the easiest way of transferring itune music library from one laptop to another. Is there a cable that I can use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you have an external hard drive, can't you just pop all songs and stuff onto it and copy it over...

I'm guessing you don't, but you can use your ipod as one, copy the files over with that...

(link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dulpit wrote: »
    If you have an external hard drive, can't you just pop all songs and stuff onto it and copy it over...

I'm guessing you don't, but you can use your ipod as one, copy the files over with that...

(link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478)

I didn't think that you could upload your music to a computer from your ipod?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I didn't think that you could upload your music to a computer from your ipod?

You can. If you put them onto an ipod with itunes like normal you can access them, but they'll be hidden and have weird names and such...

If you add them to the ipod using the method above (as an external drive) it'll work grand, but you won't be able to listen to them on the ipod unless you sync them properly again...

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

dulpit wrote: »
    You can. If you put them onto an ipod with itunes like normal you can access them, but they'll be hidden and have weird names and such...

If you add them to the ipod using the method above (as an external drive) it'll work grand, but you won't be able to listen to them on the ipod unless you sync them properly again...

This is probably the best way to go about it really.

If your music collection is small enough (5G-20G) iTunes has an option in File - Back up to Disc.

For some people (like me) this is pointless cause it would take lots and lots of DVDs for me to back up my music (60Gs worth)

Advertisement