Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limited connectivity on wireless network

Options
  • 17-05-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping someone can help here.
    I have a PC running vista and a ps3 wired to my netopia router, which both work no problem. I just installed a wireless pci card on another PC, also running vista and I just cannot get it to work. It picks up the network, and the signal strength is excellent, but it just says I have 'limited connectivity'. I've tried turning off encryption on the router, and re-installing the drivers for the wireless card. I'm just hoping someone here might have some idea as to what to do next.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

any chance that you can borrow a laptop to check the wireless is OK...don't be fooled by excellent signal.

your router may need a reboot maybe? good idea to start with no encryption as you have tried already. once you get network settings over wireless, then encrypt.

something else you could try is the vista wireless configuration rather than the wireless card utility program.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is DHCP set up for the wireless card?

Advertisement