Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found Celbridge

Options
  • 16-05-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I found this dog in the Applegreen petrol station Celbridge tonight 16/05/08 at around 10pm. She is a Labrador cross and is very friendly but seems a bit lost. She is not a young dog but appears to be well cared for and may have had pups at some stage.

If anybody knows anything please either post here or PM me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

pets Ireland might be a good place to post this. There are quite a few from Celbridge on the forum. She looks lovely, hopefully you will find her owners soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Following on from Mairts success, this gorgeous little dog was reunited with her family.

One thing that did annoy me though was the complete lack of gratitude from her owner. I wasnt looking for a Nobel peace prize or anything but I did take the dog home, kept her safe, fed her and played with her for three days before handing her over to a shelter in Wexford. I also had posters up all over Celbridge within 30 mins of finding her and spent a lot of time on-line looking at lost dog ads. I took her to the area where I found her for her walks in the hope she would be recognised. The lady that took her in Wexford actually brought her back up to Dublin so the owner didnt have to drive all the way down there.

When the guy rang me about her I asked him to text me when he got her home but no he couldnt be arsed :mad:

I know if the situation was reversed I would be far more profuse in my thanks then this guys barely audible "er yeah thanks".

Just to be clear Im not looking for sainthood here but 3 people put a lot of time money and effort into this dog and I dont think a little bit of gratitude would go astray.

This is the third dog I have found and reunited/rehomed and out of the three only one of the owners actually said thank you and meant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

:mad:

Lets just hope you won't find the same dog wandering around lost again in a few weeks time.

On the doggy's behalf - THANK YOU FOR BEING SO KIND AND GENEROUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You did well Chiron, more than most people would - some people are just ungrateful baxtards, and don't deserve to have a pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Well done, I suppose the only way you can look at it is you probably saved the dogs life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

First of all thanks for the kind words.

Secondly, not 20 minutes after I posted my rant I got a text thanking me for getting the dog home. So I take it all back and my faith in humanity has been restored. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Great work again. In my work I deal with many lost dog and found dog cases and I too sometimes despair at the lack of affection some owners have for their dogs.

We also have problems with bogus 'owners' trying to claim the lost dog. :rolleyes:

Advertisement