Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for teachers

Options
  • 16-05-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

In our school we group together and buy a present for each of our teachers. I was nominated to get the French Teacher's present.

Any ideas? (She's a woman). First of all I'm thinking the "Jean de Florette" Dvd Boxset. Wine? Book?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

armbruster wrote: »
    Any ideas? (She's a woman).

Dildo and a box of chocolates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

disssco wrote: »

Between this and the idea to use drugs to help study, you should really consider a career as an agony aunt or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

what nationality is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A razor is always a good one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

irish

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

if she has a bad CD player, (for the aurals) get her a new one. then whenever she uses it, she'll think of your class. this could also work with a dildo, as someone sugested earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ciggarettes,garlic and a bauggette

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

a good giggle, I think. 3 DVD's in a box set:

http://video.fnac.com/a2245247/Les-Visiteurs-Coffret-Jean-Reno-DVD-Zone-2?Mn=-1&Ra=-3&To=0&Nu=2&Fr=0

Check with someone who knows (not me) if PAL Zone 2 DVD's show colour in Irish DVD players.

Cost for Eire:

http://www.fnac.com/help/A06-15.asp?NID=%2D11&RNID=%2D11

€39.48 + €11 + €1.85 = €52.33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

A good bottle of Wine, chocolates or something. A bunch of Flowers is probably the safest bet- everyone loves flowers. You could also try getting her soemkind fo gourmet food or something. Like really good coffee or foi gras or something.
    In my school we just get all the teachers flowers and chocolates and some teachers get little personal gifts-normally little private jokes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 pendude

disssco wrote: »

man, thats the first thing i taught of ;D
    seriously, depends on her personality, something funny or usefull!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

What is the obsession with buying gifts for all your teachers, only buy her something if she taught you well or influenced you positivley in some way. Half my teachers would be better teaching banana eating to chimps....probably still f*ck it up though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most teachers would prefer that everyone do their best in their exams than get a gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Agreed. However if really stuck and adamant to get her something, voucher for dinner or gift voucher for somewhere you know she'll use.

Advertisement