Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Scorer

Options
  • 16-05-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

One player in history has scored (not including ogs) for two countries at the soccer World Cup finals. Who is he, and for which countries did he score for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I guess it may be a Croatian player, formerly yugoslavian? I heard this before but cant think of the the name... dammit :D
    I'll have to google or it'll wreak my head, i'll leave it for someone else with better memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm going to make a stab at Boban

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

USSR/Russia player perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Prosinecki?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I reckon it might be an older player. In the 1930s there were a few players who played for both Argentina and Italy, and even more recently Alfredo di Stefano played for Argentina, Colombia and Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Prosinecki?

As far as I know that's the only one. Croatia in France and Yugo in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Yup, Prosinecki, Croatia and Yugoslavia. Di Stefano never played at a World Cup, neither for Spaon nor Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

what about savo milosevic?

Advertisement