Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few questions before i buy my new big telly.

Options
  • 16-05-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

getting my back living room opened up and built out an extra 12 feet .
    i had a 32 inch lcd . whitch im going to put in the bed room for the missus now.
    just bought a pioneer amp with dts .pro logic 2 etc ."ebay great deal"
    anyways.
    im looking at a 50 inch plasma, but when i took my t2 dvd to the store it looked a lot better on the tv beside it a 37 inch lcd samsung . crisper by far.
    so would i mabye setter for a smaller tv 42 perhaps? im bags of room in the new gaf when building is finished .
    any info would be great .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

DVDs tend not to look better over about 37 inches. And by the time you get to 50 inches, unless you're sitting further away, than 10 feet or so, you can notice the lack of detail in the picture.

On the other hand, Blu rays look fantastic on a 50 inch, so it depends what you think you'll be watching in the future, and if you're going to be sitting a fair bit back from the TV, a 50 inch might be the way to go. It also depends on how sharp your eyesight is.

I'd recommend, next time, you're in the store, to stand about as far back from the TV, as your couch will be from the TV.
    See if the picture looks good enough, and if a 42 inch is too small.

Advertisement