Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Vista opperating system people help me please?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I know I should post this elsewhere, but we all use our computers loads.

I got a new HP Pavillion dv9000 mid March, my first venture with Vista. I tend to play poker with my earphones on and listening to music, plus I use skype/voip loads as well...

The last piece of info is I have Irish Broadband.

My problem.. bad feedback noises on skype, but the thing that gets me most, is if I have earphones/headset on and no music, there is a contant squeal coming through, gives me a headache.
    Had it in for repair twice now and they say nothing wrong (except too many poker programs on it ;) )

I dont know if its an issue with irish broadband and vista and its a related noise as I dont have a great line with voipcheap like I have had the last 5 years.

Also.. when I am on ipoker, its crashing and I cant close it down as the whole screen freezes.

I have a Toshiba satallite pro, thats 1.5 years old, and NONE of these things happen with it, I would have used it for calls had the mic not went on it.

has anyone else here who maybe uses headsets/earphones a lot and use things like skype heard about or experienced this?

I feel like throwing the bleeding thing out the window.. such a nice laptop as well, bought mainly for playing more tables :(

I know its not a comp tech forum, but there will be a few who use laptops and maybe someone who has a vista laptop and had it on Irish Broadband..

Thanks guys...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Ur squeal is probably something touching the wire inside that carries the sound, causing feedback. It is bloody painful alright, common enough though for any half decent techie to recognise. try a different headset too to rule those out.one option might be to disable the onboard sound and use a bluetooth headset

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Post on the right forum for help. We split the site up for that reason. They wont bite...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement