Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orfe wanted

Options
  • 16-05-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi,

we had a pond in our old house, which was well stocked until mr. heron paid his mutiple visits over the last few years. anyhow, we're moving house now with a depleted stock of fish (3 goldfish, 1 large koi, and 1 blue orfe), and building a new pond to re-home them.

my question is this: does anyone have an 'overstock' of orfe at the moment? obviously we can't buy them on the standard market because of the current ban on importing them. i believe they like to be in "packs" (as in you really should have a few of them in a pond as opposed to one... ), but alas, we have but one lonely blue orfe.

we previously had 4 gold and 4 blue, purchased from the boardwalk pet store in dublin city, about 4 years ago, and it was great to have a big group of them. sadly, because of their colouring, and their size after a year or two, they were easy targets for said heron.

any help appreciated :)

EDIT - i forgot to add that we have since introduced adequate protection from fishing birds, by building a large pergola over the pond, with cat gut strung between the top beams. we will be building similar protection into the new pond.

d.

Advertisement