Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Tools Spydoctor causing PC to restart.

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find any reference to it.

Has anyone got a fix for the following problem.

My PC will startup ok and run for about 20.0 min.'s, then it restarts by itself, the error report say's that PC Tools, is responsible, however there dosen't seem to be a fix on their webpage.

OS is XP Home edition, Version 2002, SP 2.

Spydoctor is Version 4.0.0.2621.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Why not remove it and install Spybot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If its giving trouble just uninstall it.

For spyware prevention I recommend You get the following: SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware.

They are all very good and all free. You'll never have a problem with malware if you've got these 4 and you can have all 4 together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Spydoctor is Version 4.0.0.2621.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My version is 5.5.0.212 - perhaps it's due an update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Updated to the newer version (5.5.1.322) and all seems to be working fine now.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Advertisement