Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Own A Netopia {Eircom} Router, I Want To Use It In Conjuntion With BT Connection.

Options
  • 15-05-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

.......can anyone help?? Please!!!:confused::confused::confused:

The router model is 2247NWG and the software version is 7.6.0r3

When I hook the Netopia up to my current DSL connection I run the ethernet into my laptop and automatically the computer indicates that a network has been connected at 100MPS.

The Wireless Network display indicates that an SSID is being broadcast and the SSID is the correct one.

Unfortunately, I have zero connectivity, I keep hearing things about unlocking the router and "patches" etc, but I have no notion of these things.

When I try to configure the wireless modem {192.168.1.254} I am prompted for the eircom username and password. I can't remember what these were from the last time I used the Netopia router so I reset them to default.

Does anyone know what these default usernames/passwords are??:confused:

I fail to login to the router successfully and the message keeps popping up that the "ATM" is down.

Again, I have no idea what any of this is. Ethernet, Wireless etc are all passing the diagnostics tests.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well you'll need to do is to configure the router with the BT settings. But first you need to access the web config page. To do this, open your brower and enter 192.168.1.254 as the address. At the login page, use the username eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 for the password.

Then the BT settings are:
    Network ID, Username, PPP Username, Login or Login Username example: joebloggs@btbb
    Password: chosen at time of registration
    Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Multiplexing: LLC-based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    MTU: use default setting
    DNS: auto assigned

Hopefully this will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

irlrobins wrote: »
    Well you'll need to do is to configure the router with the BT settings. But first you need to access the web config page. To do this, open your brower and enter 192.168.1.254 as the address. At the login page, use the username eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 for the password.

Then the BT settings are:
    Network ID, Username, PPP Username, Login or Login Username example: joebloggs@btbb
    Password: chosen at time of registration
    Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Multiplexing: LLC-based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    MTU: use default setting
    DNS: auto assigned

Hopefully this will work.

Thats great. It worked a treat. It was the @btbb bit that was sticking me time and time again. Apparently that was all there was to it. I didn't even install the Netopia driver on one of the other laptops and it is ethernetting away goodo.

PS...when I enabled Mac Addressing for security, one of the laptops which was enabled {ie had an authorized Mac Address} could no longer "see" the SSID.....in other words I could see the SSID in my wireless connections but when I clicked to enter the WEP key I was told that the network was "out of range".....:confused: I would like to enable MAC Addressing for extra security.

Advertisement