Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently I refused to pay Import Duty Tax.

Options
  • 15-05-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evening all,
    I bought some gear and a GBB pistol from EHobbyAsia 2 weeks ago and got this message today.
    "UPS contacted us and said you would not accept the import duty tax of Euro 46.68"

Firstly I didnt know I would have to pay any import tax and secondly UPS never contacted me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Where can I go from here?

thanks
    Wavey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Wavey wrote: »
    Evening all,
    I bought some gear and a GBB pistol from EHobbyAsia 2 weeks ago and got this message today.
    "UPS contacted us and said you would not accept the import duty tax of Euro 46.68"

Firstly I didnt know I would have to pay any import tax and secondly UPS never contacted me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Where can I go from here?

thanks
    Wavey.

Call UPS and see what they say first. If they say they called you, ask them the date and time, and who they spoke to - they record this info when they make the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Also calls tend to be recorded, so if you have a serious issue ask them to prove you had the conversation in the form of the recorded call.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Mistery solved.

It was delivered to work 4 days after I paid for it. Which is pretty impressive.

Problem was I'm off work and the secratary just kept turning the UPS guy away!

It only clicked lastnight, as I was really expecting up to 6 weeks delivery time.

Picked it up in UPS today so all is well.

Wavey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wavey wrote: »
    Mistery solved.

It was delivered to work 4 days after I paid for it. Which is pretty impressive.

Problem was I'm off work and the secratary just kept turning the UPS guy away!

It only clicked lastnight, as I was really expecting up to 6 weeks delivery time.

Picked it up in UPS today so all is well.

Wavey.

Getting a GBB delivered to work....hmm. Be gratefuly they didn't accept delivery and accidentely open the packaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Getting a GBB delivered to work....hmm. Be gratefuly they didn't accept delivery and accidentely open the packaging!

I have all my airsoft stuff delivered to work. So what's your point? They're not going to open something addressed to you without extremely good cause.

Considering I've had a GBB & two AEG's among other equipment delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

cool i'll buy a gun online now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Lemming wrote: »
    I have all my airsoft stuff delivered to work. So what's your point? They're not going to open something addressed to you without extremely good cause.

Considering I've had a GBB & two AEG's among other equipment delivered.

It's just that accidents happen. I get my stuff delivered to work as well, but I've informed the guy down in the mail room of the contents in advance. The last package I recieved was held together with customs tape....you could clearly see what was inside (tact vest).

I wasn't giving out to anyone.

Advertisement