Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agm M14

Options
  • 15-05-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

iv been looking everywhere and i can find any reviews on the AGM M14....

i really want to get one but not sure weather it will be any good or not!

does anyone know if there are any problems with these or of anything the could go wrong with them?

also is the hop up adjustable?

and what the build id like ie sturdy or flimsy and wont take a knock or two?

thanks in advance:D

and mods sorry if this is in the wrong place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Guy at HRTA had one and spent about €100 on upgrades. It was Amazing! Super range and accuracy! The hop is on the bottom on them I beleive and is adjustable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Guy at HRTA had one and spent about €100 on upgrades. It was Amazing! Super range and accuracy! The hop is on the bottom on them I beleive and is adjustable.

but with out the upgrades are they any good?

it doesnt say onteirsoft weather the hop up is adjustable thats why i ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, High ends have the hop under the bolt, AGMs have it in the bottom.

Loads of people use them stock so I suppose they must be decent. And it takes a large :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

agm is a copy of the tm m14 both have the hop up at the front of the mag well, you can easily adjust it even with a mag in the well

cool thats one question sorted thanks lads

so what are the like build wise?

and can you get bipods for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've heard they suffer from selector switch problems after a few thousand rounds

zero19 wrote: »
    I've heard they suffer from selector switch problems after a few thousand rounds

do you know if it is easily repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Haven't a notion man sorry, i remember looking up reviews online about them saying it was a common fault, the problem restricts you to full auto only afaik

zero19 wrote: »
    Haven't a notion man sorry, i remember looking up reviews online about them saying it was a common fault, the problem restricts you to full auto only afaik

the full auto im not too worried about as i want this for a sniper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

the full auto im not too worried about as i want this for a sniper!

Well sniping with full auto is hardly sniping? :confused:

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »

thats why im not worried about the selector switch not selecting full auto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have an agm m14. the general consensus is that the cyma m14 is better altho i have not used it so cant really say.

there are issues with the agm

there is tm compatible and then there is tm compatible. the agm is based on the tm but the standard mag mags for tm m14 do not fit unless you alter them so you are stuck with agm mags.

the outer barrel is thicker then it should be and that means you cant use standard m14 inner barrels (apparently)

the selector switch breaks but it is caused in a some of cases the by people not fully engaging the selector switch.

the build quality is actually quite good but not near a tm. the battery with it is pants. also they do suffer from the plugs being back to front (red is black etc). that means you need to swap them. search the web.

i dont know how you are searching but there is tons of agm m14 reviews so you may need to redo your search criteria! :D

the above is just my opinion

mcgovern wrote: »

sorry mcgovern just re-read zeros comment!

i thought he said you can not put it in to full auto

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Two customer reviews up on Eirsoft.ie.

As Falls has said the selector switch issue is caused if you do not fully turn the selector switch when changing between single and auto. If you do get one keep this in mind and make sure you turn the switch all the way every time.

Also, while they don't take TM mags without modification I found the AGM Hi-caps to be very high quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

The hopup is naff, and the little plastic thingy that controls it breaks very easily. Vtec would know more - he's fixed enough of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ah it's a decent gun. Decent range with a decent ROF. Hop up is grand and selector switch issue i'll have to look out for.
    Fairly heavy so you'll need the sling, but make sure not to have it around your shoulder when walking around corners........
    All round it's a fairly decent gun. Good buy for the money i feel.
    If you're not using it as a sniper you'll need more than one mag....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

Shiva wrote: »
    The hopup is naff, and the little plastic thingy that controls it breaks very easily. Vtec would know more - he's fixed enough of them :)

mine included
    (AGM)
    i use it every weekend i go and i havent much problems with it bar the hop

my fire selector is starting to get a little weak when switching to semi
    another BIG problem is that it is nearly impossible to get mid caps for the agm one even if you do get mid caps they have to be altered but if your a hi cap user theres no problems.
    it has a really good rate of fire wouldnt use it for sniping though its loud i would just get a bolt action like the L96 on EIRSOFT.
    if its a starting AEG its perfect and bye the way i wouldnt trust the sling you get with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    i wouldnt trust the sling you get with it

I and my bruised foot can second that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Shiva wrote: »

Yep the hop mech is pretty delicate on them., it works on a kinda see saw function where you turn the screw and that transfers to the hopup nub on the other end, the problem is that the piece is lade from delicate plastic and the see saw bit just snaps off letting the adjustment screw move around with no effect on the hopup at all., other than that there a pretty good gun as the others have said, the ROF and range on them is impressive., be careful of using other batteries on them though, as falls said they use reverse polarity on so you need to either get an adapter or remove the pins in the wiring plug and reverse them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

The Cyma one is far far far better.

It's brilliant, get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I have the AGM M14 and love it, I find it very sturdy, good ROF, range and accuracy.
    I probably would have gotten the CYMA having used that first, but I was going for the full length version and I couldnt find a CYMA one.
    But like I said I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

get the CYMA if at all possible, they are a better gun.even their wood effect surpasses TM.

the hop up and selector switch is a design flaw, even with the TM and their subsequent clones, its not major hassle to fix either, but the ver 7 gearbox can be a little tricky compared to others, you shouldnt need to open that up though if your looking to use the gun as stock.

regarding the bi-pod i bought my gun from johnboyeire withone attached and it is by far the most solid bipod i have seen on an airsoft, id definitely reccomend it what ever make it is.

a 3-9 x scope or a 2x red dot is plenty, get as bigha field of view as possible, i.e. 40+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Hay, I have one, Nice alright,its a straight shooter, the wood version is nice, one thing is the breach cover attached to the cocking arm is a bit crap, mine broke off, but cant really see it after painting the gun :-) see my pics of the AGM M14 boards

Dar wrote: »
    Two customer reviews up on Eirsoft.ie.QUOTE]

i read the reviews i was just looking for extra info!

Advertisement