Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Barrys Tea advert

Options
  • 15-05-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

This ad is really really grinding my gears. Its the one where she has known 'Matt' for years and he asks her out. The thing that annoys me is she fluffs her words in the last second of the ad and I dont know what she says. And everytime I see it I listen to it, and it just annoys me further.

She says: "And I say to him, is this a date? And then he says 'I dunno, is ????"

Does she say "it is"? or "is this"? or "is it"? All I can hear is "isis"

Can someone put me out of my misery, or better still take it off the air?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm pretty sure it's "is it".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

"And I say to him, is this a date? And then he says 'I dunno, is it"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is is it, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

But her voice does not go high like it should when she is asking a question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I believe this is the female equivalent of: "Drink pawtucket ale and hot women will have sex in your back yard".

• Registered Users Posts: 82,142 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i dunno... does this matter at all? I mean come on its an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

hahaha I know exactly what you mean OP. The reason for it is the idiot girl puts a TH on the end of it. She also does it when she says "remember Matthhhh" - drives me insane.

"I don't know, is iTHHHHHH??"

he looks like a total gimp too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

What she doesnt know is that 'Matt' is a psycho rapist who by the end of the night leads her home , and forces his God Stick into her aft shamecave and thrusts accordingly. After he plants his seed in her, he beats her to death with a Kettle full of Fresh Barrys tea.

Walking out of her home with blood on his mouth and a crazy look on his face he mutters his murderous catchphrase "every day should have its golden moments".

Its MATH. Not Maths.

ffs ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I don't care what she says, she's hawt! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She's saying "is it?" but putting on a lame accent. It's one of the most horrendous ads ever and hurts both my eyes and ears.

By the way, Lyons is WAY nicer than Barrys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dudess wrote: »
    She's saying "is it?" but putting on a lame accent. It's one of the most horrendous ads ever and hurts both my eyes and ears.

By the way, Lyons is WAY nicer than Barrys.

Aren't you supposed to be from Cork? How come you're missing the Barry's gene that every Corkonian is endowed with?:) Barrys is better than Lyons...flops arm in air and gets ready for duel.

That ad is doing what it was intended to do-get people thinking of de Barrys. Like those Meteor girls...you know, the ones that everybody loved last year.

I'm going for a cup right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Zzippy wrote: »
    I don't care what she says, she's hawt! ;)
    GTFO.

link?

Aren't you supposed to be from Cork? How come you're missing the Barry's gene that every Corkonian is endowed with?:) Barrys is better than Lyons...flops arm in air and gets ready for duel.
    Well I'm a Corkonian who "tinks outside de box" - a rebellious rebel if you will... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Well I'm a Corkonian who "tinks outside de box" - a rebellious rebel if you will... :)

Tinks outside de box of teeeee? I bet you use de loose leaf teeeee tooooo-de bags are not good enough for you?:p

Just in Irish I'm afraid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMiYAzDVGKU&feature=related

I'm sure you'll get the picture. It's so unbelievably, woefully lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

It's cringeworthy that ad. There's nothing in it that would make a person want to buy bloody barrys tea bags..

But....people are talking about it and thats all that matters, we may buy barrys tea when we are next in the supermarket now, cos we have thought about it.. That's advertising (bad or otherwise!!)..

eoin_s wrote: »
    GTFO.

GTFO yourself! She is hawt. FACT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ugh, she's all yours! Not my cup of tea at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

All part of their new marketing campaign.

Barrys: $hit in any language

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

If she makes a good cuppa what does it matter.

eoin_s wrote: »
    Ugh, she's all yours! Not my cup of tea at all.

Argh! You can get your coat now.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Heh, "cá bhfios?"="who knows?", which means he probably means "is it?" in an ambiguous, mysterious, romantic sense.

<3 Gaeilge and its dispute resolving powers.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    "is it?" in an ambiguous, mysterious, romantic sense.
    Yep, that's one of the many irksome aspects of that ad - the way it tries to be the above. Oh how interesting that the ending isn't quite tied up... And did you ever see any guy as girlie and bland as "Matt"?! Reminds me of a teen mag Lisa was reading in The Simpsons entitled "Non Threatening Boys"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

turn off TV = happy ending.

and she's not hot. but she's made look worse than she is coz of a really dodgy haircut.

Heh, you should forward your complaints to Barry's Tea in writing, Dudess.

Next thing you know they'll be promoting "Barry's XTREME Tea" - for those with reckless lifestyles and unimaginably filthy sexual perversions.

Or I could just call in - they're only down the dual carriageway from where I work. I wonder do they drink coffee on their breaks? Or do any of them drink Lyons tea?

• Advertisement

My God, the scandal that would ensue if such facts emerged.....

Advertisement