Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensitive after Filling

Options
  • 15-05-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I had a filling near the gum line about 2 - 3 weeks ago, it has been very sensitive since, and yesterday it began to get slightly painful.

I managed to see my dentist this morning and he said it was fine and it was to be expected and that the pain is down to it being sensitive.

Then proceeded to use some form of Fluoride Varnish which he said should help.

I'm still kinda worried though, is this normal?

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

The mouth is so sensitive that depending on your healing properties. Give it another few days and try and not use it readily when chewing or biting.

I myself was at the dentist yesterday, start of a root canal, while my tooth area is fine (lower jaw area) where I got the needles, one upper and one lower (by 2) near the cheekbone, when I open my mouth is still quite sore(not painful more like bruising)like I got a belt in the cheek!!!! and I expect it will be for another day or two. On the Nurofen plus at the moment and keeping the food away from the area for a day or two, difficult I know, but needs must.

If your tooth gets really bothersome, ask your dentist to do an X-ray on it and he will see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have a tooth at the back that had a really deep filling - the dentist said it was borderline root canal material.
    That took almost a month to settle down after the filling but its grand now.

All I can advise is just try chewing on the other side of your mouth and try one of the "sensitive" toothpastes, they really do help a bit.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

srdb20 wrote: »
    Anyone had any similar experiences?
    Yup. Some of mine took weeks to settle down.

Advertisement