Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 8

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday 16 May
    St Kilda v Collingwood @ Telstra Dome 7.40PM (10.40AM GMT) Setanta Sports 2 10.30AM

Saturday 17 May
    Hawthorn v Port Adelaide @ Lanceston 2.10PM (5.10AM GMT)
    Richmond v Geelong @ MCG 2.10PM (5.10AM GMT) Setanta Sports 2 5.00AM
    Carlton v Brisbane Lions @ Telstra Dome 7.10PM (10.10AM GMT)
    North Melbourne v West Coast Eagles @ Gold Coast Stadium 7.10PM (10.40AM GMT)

Sunday 18 May
    Adelaide v Melbourne @ AAMI 12.40PM (4.10AM GMT)
    Sydney v Essendon @ ANZ Stadium 2.10PM (5.10AM GMT)Setanta Sports 2 5.00AM
    Fremantle v Western Buldogs @ Subiaco 2.40PM (7.40AM GMT)

Audio on afl.com.au through the live gamecentre links on the right hand side of the homepage.

Weekend highlights on Setanta Sports 2, Monday 19th at 6PM and TG4 at 11.05pm on Wednesday night

Europsort UK also has games on during the week.

My picks for the weekend
    Saints v Pies: Pies
    Hawks v Power: Hawks
    Tigers v Cats: Cats
    Blues v Lions: Lions
    Roos v Eagles: Roos
    Crows v Demons: Crows
    Swans v Bombers: Swans
    Dockers v Bulldogs: Bulldogs

First game should be a good one. 2 mid table teams who could be doing better. I think I over rated the Pies at the start of the year, really thought they'd come good this year. Hawks should have enough to see off Port Adelaide even tho they have regained their form after a bad start. Cat also should see their game home. Lions havent done well away from home this year, so I'd be cagey about this one. Eagles are muck, and Kerr is gone for a long while now. Demons are muck too. Should be a good game in Sydney, bombers often cause them problems. And bulldogs should take care of the dockers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Almost the same. I just feel that with Fev on fire at the moment and Brown struggling for fitness that the Blues could nick this one on home turf.

Saints v Pies: Pies
    Blues v Lions: Blues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

We're going to Carlton and the Lions in the D. W00t! Go Blues!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Saints v Pies: Saints
    Blues v Lions: Blues

A couple of tricky ones again this week. I hate going for the Saints cos everytime I do they let me down, but I think they'll just beat the Pies this week. I reckon the Blues v Lions game should be tight too, but seeing as I'm a Blues fan, and optimitic, I'll go for them. If Fev has a good night, we should be alright!

Hey OneColdHand, I'll be heading along to the game myself tomorrow night! I'm very thankful it's in the Dome, and the roof will be closed, as the forecast isn't too hot for tomorrow. Couldn't really imagine sitting in the G with hailstones coming down!

Well if your going lads maybe take a few snaps. I was thinking of starting an "I've been to the footy" thread where people can stick up pics of the various games and venues they've been to. All we'd need is some material!

Collingwood
    5.1 10.3 14.5 16.7 (103)
    St Kilda 6.3 9.5 12.6 14.10 (94)

GOALS
    Collingwood: Didak 3, Burns 2, Medhurst 2, Rocca, O'Brien, Pendlebury, Bryan, Wellingham, Davis, Johnson, Lockyer, Thomas
    St Kilda: Milne 2, Dal Santo 2, Armitage 2, Montagna, Gehrig, Birss, Goddard, Gram, Koschitzke, Harvey

BEST
    St Kilda: Ball, Hayes, S. Fisher, Armitage, Dal Santo.
    Collingwood: Didak, Davis, R.Shaw, Thomas, Burns

Reports:
    N Brown (Coll) for striking L Ball (St K) in the first quarter.

I picked the Pies to win by 20 so a difference of 11 points is not a bad start to the weekend for my tipping.

• Advertisement

:eek: Not only are the Eagles still in contention at half time, they're actually winning! Up 59-44 against the Roos. Surely it can't last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Blues getting stuffed.

I'm REH-EALLY hungover, so apathy kicked in and we didn't bother going to the game. Nasty evening in Melbourne, and the game is on TV, so all the factors were pointing to an evening on the couch!!

Bloody typical. Lost by a single goal. Season over.

Ah well, at least I tipped the Roos.

Anyone watching the Dockers/Bulldogs game? Match of the season so far for me.

Dockers dominated the first three quarters but couldn't put the game away and the Doggies just blew them away in the last. Pavlich and Tarrant kicked four each for Freo but it was all about Aker and Brad Johnson in the last. They were superb.

Dogs by 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Lions won well this week :D

liked the swans game too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

woohoo, finally got all my tips right, only took 8 weeks! And capped off nicely with a good score in the fantasy league, still not enough to go back top!

Pity the eagles couldnt hold out, but at least its a better performance than in recent weeks. Season has been riddled with injuries and setbacks, so its a big learning curve for a very young and inexperienced panel.

Advertisement