Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweetest moment in Poker??

Options
  • 15-05-2008 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Well after reading connie's trip report to madrid and hearing just how much he enjoyed knocking out el champione it made me wonder if anybody else had any interesting hands or situations in poker that was a real high point in their 'career'??

I remember once whilst playin 2 4 omaha a guy gave me some sort of bad beat and instead of goin on tilt like normal i waited...and waited...then i fell upon this hand. I raised with Ad Qd Qc Kc into his BB. he called. flop came down Qs Jd 10d...I mean talk about flopping the world!!!

He checked, i quickly checked behind. Turn came a lovely 2h...He checked, at this point im worried im not gettin paid and bet half pot. He instantly shoved ott. I went all in, he called me with Kd 9d Kh 9h...over a grand in the pot, happy days, cue that warm feeling you get inside.....

I would be very interested to hear other stories ppl may have like this online or live, tournie or cash, like el champione in madrid (sideshow with a tash from what i hear)
    Geoff

Advertisement