Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Higher Level P1 - What revision can be done?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Well? I mean you can learn a few witty quotes from great speakers (I plan on doing the speech on the composing section), and the Section A's are really straight off the book - right? . . .

I'm going for a pretty high grade having got a B2 in the mocks, but what else can I do to prepare for it - Section B tips?

Looking back over the P1 themes of recent years, I would have been screwed with "Pretence" in 2006 - don't even know what it means! The mock "Communication" theme was pretty handy this year, any idea's on possible themes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Having a guess at theme is insane, it could be anything. Anything!

There's not a HUGE amount of study you can do for Paper 1. But then again you can't ignore it completely, you have to remember it is worth 100 marks, the same as Paper 2 with your Single Text, Comparative Texts, Poetry etc.

The only thing you can do really is take out the exam papers and practise previous exam papers. Sit down in a suitable enviornment, ideally an examination enviornment, give yourself the time they reccomend, and do a question, whether it be a Part A or a Part B. It will get you into the exam technique.

Also practise the essays...if my Maths serves me right, it is worth 100 out of 400 marks a full 25% of the overall result. I got 87 for my essay in the mocks.

Good Luck.

Advertisement