Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction studies day piece

Options
  • 14-05-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Alright fellow constructioners! Just did the day piece, was pretty easy, a lot of joints but no complex ones. Who else is finished? Did you get finished on time? Did you get it all together? How did you find it? Any and all opinions are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

half my class and the other done it today. tomorrow i'm doing it. im worried cos the drawings given are a LOT more confusing compared to the likes of engineering which was p1ss compared to tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

i did it yesterday and had no problem.
    The 9mm drill in the legs was a problem for me as the wood split everytime even when i did a 3mm and 6mm hole prior to the 9mm. But nothing could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

That's a shane, mine all fit together like a glove and not a crack or split in sight. Only 4 people managed to assemble it though....Im just class:D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

thats strange.
    Every single person in my class who drilled the holes for the dowels ended up with a split in the piece.
    you just got lucky i guess haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

i thought it was okay nothing to difficult except the base was a bit tricky managed to get it all done after the exam our teacher told us that we wer finished skool!!! the rest of my year found out at the start of the day but we had to wait till half 1 was a nice surprise tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement