Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 250 mains charger

Options
  • 14-05-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Got a nuvi 250 here, and ive got an ac charger for a sagem phone -
    The charger has this written on it -
    110-230v 120mA 50/60Hz
    5v 500mA
    Does anyone on here know if this is ok to use to charge a Nuvi 250?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

At 5V you should be ok, that's the voltage of a USB charger so the Nuvi shouldn't notice the difference.

Did you also get a USB cable to charge the Sagem? If you did then it means that the mains charger delivers the same voltage as the USB cable in which case you're on to a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nope, all that came with the sagem was said charger. Thanks, thats saved me a few quid:)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Looking to get the garmin 250 for an up and coming holiday trip. The car at home doesnt have a working cig lighter, but i do have a spare mini-USB phone charger, the details being:

Input 100-240v 0.2A 50/60Hz
    Output 5.25v 600mA

Would this suffice?

Thanks

W.

Looks like that will do the job.

Darn, the mini-usb connection wont fit the garmin, so will have to revert to another plan...perhaps buy a new car with a working cig lighter!!! :-)

W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

Darn, the mini-usb connection wont fit the garmin, so will have to revert to another plan...perhaps buy a new car with a working cig lighter!!! :-)

W.
    You said in your earlier post that you were looking to get the Garmin 250, you should have got the usb cable with it!

Dumb question but its not a fuse thats gone in your car?

steve584 wrote: »
    You said in your earlier post that you were looking to get the Garmin 250, you should have got the usb cable with it!

Dumb question but its not a fuse thats gone in your car?

Steve,

there is no such thing as a dumb question just the answers and me!!! Its indeed a fuse problem and will get a replacement. Thanks.

As for a USB cable it didnt come in the box. So when I check the map version and register for a FREE map update, how do they expect me to do it without the cable?

W.

Ask one of your friends for the loan of a USB cable, they come with multiple models of PDAs, digital cameras, mobile phones and most GPS units, you really shouldn't have to buy one, I have about 8 of them at this stage, being a confirmed gadget junkie.

Advertisement