Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike 'the cheat' Matusow

Options
  • 14-05-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭

So now we are seeing how prevalent this is in online poker. 'the mouth' made a mistake in admitting this during his ongoing card player tv segment known as 'the mouthpiece' on February 7th. Here is what he said.

“Tournament poker involves tremendous focus, I mean tremendous focus . . . . If I was to play tournaments online, I would have to play just the one tournament, and have everything turned off around me, and then put my heart into it. And I haven’t been able to do it yet except for once, and I did it once for a friend of mine who was six hours deep into a tournament -- I’m not gonna name what site -- and I took over for him because he’s not really a good closer, and we finished third. ’Cos I put my heart into it, and I knew we had chips to move with and I could evaluate players and we should have won it if we would have won a coin flip. So, that’s what it comes down to is the focus.”

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/30195

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Good old mike!

nothing will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,090 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Meh, level i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

didnt this happen years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I could believe it if it was years ago but if he is talking about something revent i'd say its just to try grab attention to people sharing accounts it seems to be his biggest hate right now. That and life anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

I would have thought it was the other guy who was cheating tbh.

Is there stuff in T&C's about playing other peoples accounts? :confused:

• Advertisement

There is normally something in the T&Cs. Justin Little got done for it and he was a red name. Mike is pretty funny so he should be let away with it. Listen to him about Hoss_TBF! Its only about 5 seconds in. TBF = ...

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=5633

EDIT: just watched the whole video its pretty much just a five and a half minute rant against Hoss but to be fair the hand that goes to showdown is pretty bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

hes a nice guy tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

jimmii wrote: »
    There is normally something in the T&Cs. Justin Little got done for it and he was a red name. Mike is pretty funny so he should be let away with it. Listen to him about Hoss_TBF! Its only about 5 seconds in. TBF = ...

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=5633

EDIT: just watched the whole video its pretty much just a five and a half minute rant against Hoss but to be fair the hand that goes to showdown is pretty bad.

that was spewy by hoss but hes the best limit holdem player in the world so hes aloud to spew in the other games

that was spewy by hoss but hes the best limit holdem player in the world so hes aloud to spew in the other games

He sure is one time I saw Mike fold his BB after Hoss open limped from the BT and the SB folded during the holdem round.

Advertisement