Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information display/system

Options
  • 14-05-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭

I am running an indoor sports tournament next August. The venue has within it 4 locations for competitions in different parts of the building.
    I want to set up a simple information display system to inform competitors of start times, and recent results.
    All start times and results will be on excel files on a central pc. Is there any way I can do this using a pc and tv/pc screens at the various points in the building? and what equipment I would need if its possible?
    Cabling is possible but wireless would be preferable.
    Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

You could probably rig up something quite easily with flash or a webpage with some ajax that would periodically load an external csv/excel file.

Then just a matter of running it on the tvs/pcs.

Not sure if there's really any out of the box solutions that are available.

Advertisement