Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfiest Flip-flops

Options
  • 14-05-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hita, goin away on hols in a couple of weeks and want to buy myself some flip flops that I could walk anywhere in, or maybe those kinda runners that are really airy and dont wear socks with. Im used to wearing boots and thick socks all the time so Im really bad at finding shoes that are comfy. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

Flipflops in monsoon, the soft material like ones.. not like other plasticky ones sold almost everywhere that will leave you with a massive blister :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Well according to my friend, the straw-ish ones in monsoon are amazing so +1 to that. =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

get birkenstocks...or the papillio range of birkenstocks which have designs and different colours to the classic birkenstocks.They are so comfy and will last ages.Ive a pair and this is my third summer wearing them..they are still comfy and i have wore them probably everyday for the last two summers..

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

For the love of god don't get crocs!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

funkycat83 wrote: »
    Flipflops in monsoon, the soft material like ones.. not like other plasticky ones sold almost everywhere that will leave you with a massive blister :mad:
    time spent in cheap plasticky flip flops in Australia = 365 days (minus sleeping time)
    no. of blisters = 0

but yeah, if you get Crocs you deserve herpes. they're absolutely hideous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Wear a nice pair of pumps instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I would suggest a nice pair of birkenstocks..altho in Oz I lived in a pair of Havianas and still wear them here...cant beat them Imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I spent the last week in a pair of flip flops I bought in Penneys for 3 quid, have no blisters. The pair of Red or Dead birkenstock style sandals I got last year wreck my feet, I can just wear 'em around the house.

Like most clothes/shoes, everyone is different so what one person swears are the most comfy may not be most comfy for you. It's a trial and error thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Get yourself a pair of Birkenstocks. I have the red ones, I got them rougly two years ago and dear God they are so comfy!

When I got mine they were €50 and now they are €59 last I checked! (number of weeks ago) Unwarranted price rise...

Any German websites out there that do an 'English' page?

I have the red ones in the 'Gizeh' style. I would like a pair of antique peat or emerald in the 'Arizona' style.

This websites prices are the same as the shop in town.

http://www.footshopping.com/main.cfm?MI=16&wgid=195&MID=19931

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Well according to my friend, the straw-ish ones in monsoon are amazing so +1 to that. =]

yep theyre the ones!

yes and crocs make my eyes bleed, bleugh!

crocs make baby jesus cry!!!!!

as for plastic flipflops or any other ones, must just be me so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭smilingeyerish

haviana's all the way!! its annoying how they are twice the price here in ireland in comparison to australia where i wore them all the time but they are the most comfortable flip flops. i was not able to wear flip flops before i found them because i found everything else uncomfrtable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

HAVAINAS all the way!!! so comfy!!
    i got a gorgeous pair recently off a seller on Ebay.....cost 50quid, but they are Divine...they have swarovski crystals on them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

kelly1979 wrote: »
    HAVAINAS all the way!!! so comfy!!
    i got a gorgeous pair recently off a seller on Ebay.....cost 50quid, but they are Divine...they have swarovski crystals on them:D

+1

Haviana's are the absolute best for comfort. You can get them for around 25euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thanks guys, can ya buy those havianas in Dublin? Might take a little trip to the shops over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

buy some online, www.ae.com
    i gots some and they verdy comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

FitFlops are the best flipflops on the market. Not only are they really comfortable, they are also meant to help you keep fit and keep cellulite at bay. I bought a pair last week and love them! I would wear them to work if I could. (I work in a bank!) I totally recommend them. They are a bit like MBT's in that they are meant to use muscles that are normally neglected and give you a workout when you walk. I bought mine in the Brazil Bodywear Sports shop in the Powerscourt Centre. They cost €55 but are really worth the money!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Redpunto wrote: »
    Thanks guys, can ya buy those havianas in Dublin? Might take a little trip to the shops over the weekend.

Schuh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

River Island have great flip flops, real comfy..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got a pair of straw flip flops in Penneys 6 years ago and they went into retirement yesterday! They cost me 2 euro and were to most comfortable I've ever worn. I was surprised! Maybe I just got lucky though.

Birkenstocks are pretty comfy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I have to agree with the other posters, Havaiana's are by far the comfiest flip flops I've ever worn, and I normally can't stand flip flops, but for some reason they don't hurt my feet at all!
    Supposedly they are made with special rubber than is easier on your feet than normal flip flops.
    You can get them in Schuh & Office, and I think Topshop (with a 10% discount in all of those if your a student!) aswell as Brown Thomas and possibly Arnotts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

go into a surf shop and get a pair of reef flip flops, cofy as fucck and indestructible. either them or havaianas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Merrell sandels are dead comphy and made to last (get them in Schu, 75 euro I think). I was never able to get Birkenstocks to work for me...spend weeks and weeks in so much pain, I tried so hard to like them! Crocs have flipflop versions aswell, (that in no way resemble the origonal btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Reef flip-flops are acknowledged in the industry as being the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Reef make the best flip flops , there indestructible as well only them and the cockroaches left :D . No all joking aside i bought mine in australia about two years ago , still going strong. Cost me about $50AUS and best money i have ever spent , and they have a bottle opener on the soles :)

here is a link

http://www.reef.com/guys/productdetail/guys/footwear/sandals/2597

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You can also buy them in Office

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Reef make the best flip flops , there indestructible as well only them and the cockroaches left :D . No all joking aside i bought mine in australia about two years ago , still going strong. Cost me about $50AUS and best money i have ever spent , and they have a bottle opener on the soles :)

here is a link

i'm wearing a pair of those badboys right now. air cushioned bottle opening comfy ass badboys

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

i got a comfy pair on penneys brown suede with brown metallic detail very very comfy on the feet!

THANKS,,,went into office in town yesterday and bought meself some pink havianas. When looking around I saw those fit-flops and the crocs flip-flops, they were both awful looking.

here is a link

They look soooo comfy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

THANKS,,,went into office in town yesterday and bought meself some pink havianas. When looking around I saw those fit-flops and the crocs flip-flops, they were both awful looking.

Just bought some pink Havianas too. They are comfy, quite squishy. Don't really like things between my toes but hoping to wear them in for my hol the weekend after next.

Advertisement