Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy WSOP 2008

Options
  • 14-05-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Following on from a thread started recently, I have decided to run a fantasy WSOP competition. It's like your standard fantasy football league only this is decided by picking poker players rather than footballers.

Rules:
    • Teams must consist of 12 players.
    • Teams must contain at least 4 European players.
    • Teams must contain at least 1 female player.
    • Teams must contain at least 2 players who are outside of the 1000 player all time Hendon Mob Money List.

You make your selections based on Hendon Mob Database earnings and have a budget of $35,000,000. The top 1000 earners of all time can be found here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/ranking/1

The scoring is decided by the players who cash in the WSOP Main Event '08. The higher your selection cashes the more your points $$$ total comes to.

When submitting your team, please include the value on the WSOP money list for each player and a Team total on the bottom. Again total team value cannot exceed $35,000,000. Also indicate on your team list who the European/Female/Non-Money-List players are. Finally, give your team a name.

The cost of entry is $50, all of which will go into a prizepool for the winning player(s). The entry can be transfered to me on Green Joker Poker. (alias rag2gary/rag2gar(at)yahoo.com)

You can post your team in this thread or pm me should you not want others to view it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Can each player only be picked once or can there be overlap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

valor wrote: »
    Can each player only be picked once or can there be overlap?

Only once. Im going to put my team up now in a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Getting a stars transfer system going?

RasTa wrote: »
    Getting a stars transfer system going?

Dont have an account but I'll open in one if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

rag2gar wrote: »
    Only once. Im going to put my team up now in a minute

should there be a draft then? otherwise players who come first have a massive advantage.

I think it makes more sense to allow as many players as want to pick a player

• Advertisement

RoundTower wrote: »
    should there be a draft then? otherwise players who come first have a massive advantage.

I think it makes more sense to allow as many players as want to pick a player

Sorry I misunderstood Valor's question. People can pick the same players if they want. You just can't have the same player twice on your team. EG Picking Phil Ivey twice. But we can both have Phil Ivey in our teams

Team RAG2GAR

Ram Vaswani (EURO)
    $ 3,119,490
    Carlos Mortensen (EURO)
    $ 8,551,201
    Andy Black (EURO)
    $ 3,969,340
    Roy Brindley (EURO)
    $ 822,173
    Jennifer Harman (F)
    $ 2,185,436
    Dave Callaghan (NOML)
    $ 183,641
    Peter Roche (NOML)
    $ 420,347
    Gavin Griffin
    $ 4,473,481
    Daniel Negreanu
    $ 9,928,269
    John Juanda
    $ 6,969,149
    Dario Minieri
    $ 750,606
    Johnny Lodden (EURO/NOML)
    $ 340,287

Total
    $34,744,271

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wtf you haven't got Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang in your team? Best value imo. The one I did last year is going again and its pretty handy to sign up. This looks like too much work looking up everyones earnings. You should make it $15 million or less $35 million is loads.

Advertisement