Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some cool new WSOP markets just put up on Paddy Power

Options
  • 14-05-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=138&ev_type_id=9695

Final Table betting, Top Irish Player, Top Internet Pro, Top UK player, an Irish man to make the final table etc etc.

Its pretty incredible how an Irish betting company have such an array of World Series bets. You cant get these on any other site, I've been looking for weeks.

Anyone been having a flutter on these? I've bet on a few in the Top Irish market today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

To make Final Table:

Josh 'jjprodigy' Field 150 - 1

Pretty sure jjprodigy is only 18...

EDIT Also, I like the FT Pro bet, nice of them to advertise one of their rivals, although the CR guys should be included in that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Ste05 wrote: »
    Josh 'jjprodigy' Field 150 - 1

Pretty sure jjprodigy is only 18...

yeah, i was wondering about that. ive also copped another 18 yr old

EDIT Also, I like the FT Pro bet, nice of them to advertise one of their rivals, although the CR guys should be included in that market.

The listed pros are the core FTP team, everyone else is some friend of full tilt or another. Also i think 3 of the card runners guys are underage for the wsop. also lol at advertising one of our rivals.

Yeah Stinger is u-21, I don't think any of the others are, actually CTS also possibly, another one to check for your Internet Pro and Make Final Table markets, (Just checked his CR Bio and it says he's 20, but may be 21 by the time the WSOP starts??).

And I suppose if you had to price up all the FT pro's the list would be fcukin massive, seeing as anyone that seems to fart publicly gets made a red pro on FT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Lol @ cts and sbrugby being in the top 20, cash games donks lol:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Is WestmenloAA over 21? If he is I might put a sneaky tenner on him to final table, if not, Daniel Negranu's getting my hard earned (don't look at me like that!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

The listed pros are the core FTP team, everyone else is some friend of full tilt or another. Also i think 3 of the card runners guys are underage for the wsop. also lol at advertising one of our rivals.

Way to leverage our assets for your profit, Noel. Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

ozpoker wrote: »
    Way to leverage our assets for your profit, Noel. Well done! :)

sue imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

that market looks surprisingly decent, normally I never say this about pp's poker markets so you know it must be true this time, I'm tempted to ask what's the catch?

obviously there's never going to be any value in betting the favourites but if you think anyone at 250+ is a decent player you might be able to make a zero EV bet.

I'd like odds on A.N. Other to win the whole thing...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd like odds on A.N. Other to win the whole thing...

1/1000

Yeah, I'd reckon something along those lines, I was hoping for something a little better though... :p how about a market for, "any of the above" to win it all??

how about this?

total hendon mob winnings of the ME winner, as of the start of this year's WSOP (June 1 2008)

$0 3-1
    under $10k evens
    under $100k 1/5.

I haven't really done any homework on this but I expect this is competitive with what PPP would offer. PM me if you want to take any of these or if you have a different market in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

RoundTower wrote: »
    I'm tempted to ask what's the catch?

I suspect the only possible catch is the maximum bet per account on a runner could be quite small. Thats if past max bet poker markets are anything to go by.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Should be a novelty bet on who the winner will thank.

1. God 20-1
    2. Buddah 50-1
    3. Allah 100-1
    4. Satan 250-1
    5. Johnny Moss 500-1
    6. ESPN 5,000,000-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

tinking of putting a 50 note on seidel at 9s to be top full tilt . anyone else think Seidel is the man at the minute (or the last 20 Years for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd bet on over/under finishing positions if that was offered. Highest chips after Day 1 (same list as the to make FT) i'd have a go at that as well. I like betting on that rubbish.

Whoever did the prices up (Andrew probably?) got some players SNs and then just threw in "wafflecrushing" for Shaun Deeb? Left it blank for Bonomo as he obviously has a good few accounts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

musician wrote: »
    Should be a novelty bet on who the winner will thank.

1. God 20-1
    2. Buddah 50-1
    3. Allah 100-1
    4. Satan 250-1
    5. Johnny Moss 500-1
    6. ESPN 5,000,000-1

Hectorjelly ev

Tony3004 wrote: »
    tinking of putting a 50 note on seidel at 9s to be top full tilt . anyone else think Seidel is the man at the minute (or the last 20 Years for that matter)

He's not going to go playing that crazy lag game those online kids play either. Just noticed they spelt Clonie Gowens name wrong too. Thats probably because she is s$$t though.

Lindgren is running well and Cunningham will always do pretty well. Surprised they have Ivey the same price as others I would have thought loads of people would just default bet on him. I would back Juanda he'll run well this year (I say that every tournament I will be right one time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

Number of buy-ins: 5,619 2005

Number of buy-ins: 8,773 2006

Number of buy-ins: 6,358 2007

Hard to say what it will be this year.
    Directionwise I'm 90% that there will be an increase.
    Based on my amazinginly complicated statistical trend analysis of the above!
    But not that much value at 4-1 for the interval 7000-7500...
    (I'd take 3-1 for 7000-8000 no problemo! )

On second thought there seems to be a bit of value in top irish player...
    how many irish people actually play? Just thinking if you can get 66-1 on a few of them?
    And say theres only 50 ish entrants, might be worth backing a few of the longer odds irish players.

whats other peoples thoughts?

• Advertisement

ramanujan wrote: »
    Number of buy-ins: 5,619 2005

Number of buy-ins: 8,773 2006

Number of buy-ins: 6,358 2007

Hard to say what it will be this year.
    Directionwise I'm 90% that there will be an increase.
    Based on my amazinginly complicated statistical trend analysis of the above!
    But not that much value at 4-1 for the interval 7000-7500...

whats other peoples thoughts?

Been thining about it too. It seems really tough to guess. Stars say they are giving away 2000 seats but then at the same time Stephen Chidwick will have won around half of those and he can't play. I would go along with 7000-8000 at 3/1 for a good bit of money is 3/1 being offered (haven't looked at prices at all).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I would expect it to be very similar to last year with the legal situation remaining the same I can't see a huge increase. Just under 7000 would be my guess. So taking that into consideration you should put your money on over 7000 as I'm always wrong :)

Just had a look I think 4/1 for 7000-7499 is pretty good.

ramanujan wrote: »
    it's on BF at 3.2-1 fwiw

it's on BF at 3.2-1 fwiw

Is there much available? (I'm so lazy).

was £100 at that i think and £20 at a better price

was £100 at that i think and £20 at a better price

Not worth setting up an account for really I guess.

just as an FYI to those here I have had a MBS added to the To Make The Final Table market.

If you place a bet in this market and it is a loser we will refund your stake if an Irish Player makes the final table.

t&c's obviously apply, max stake e300. Even though we have only launched this MBS it will apply to all bets in the market even if you placed it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

just as an FYI to those here I have had a MBS added to the To Make The Final Table market.

If you place a bet in this market and it is a loser we will refund your stake if an Irish Player makes the final table.

t&c's obviously apply, max stake e300. Even though we have only launched this MBS it will apply to all bets in the market even if you placed it a few weeks ago.
    LMFAO, that is reallllllllly and incentive to put a bit on with paddy power. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

And this is just a gambling thread. Its on the wrong forum imo. Does rag2gar work for pp now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

theres always one. :D

Advertisement