Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britains Next Top Model...

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think this show sucks big time? I have to admit that America's Next Top Model is my guilty favourite, but the Bristish version is just terrible!

For one, the girls are all dogs, the judges don't have a clue and the photo's they take... My nan could take a better pic with a disposable camera! The funniest thing though is when they take to the catwalk, it puts me in mind of those old Budwieser ads with the Clydesdale horses....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Haven't seen it. Need pics to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Well they're not dogs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I would watch the American one but the British one does indeed suck eggs. In my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

The judges on BNTM suck!! Huggy Ragnasson looks so plastic! Whats with da lips and as for the other guy!! He is so tryin to be like Jay manuel! Aint gonna happen!
    The girls are a bit dodgy! Some nice ones but there quite a few dodgy ones!! Whats da story with Aaron! Rough as guts! Chavtastic! Looks like her true colours will come out this week!
    Ill still watch it though!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's woeful, the judges are sooo negative compared to ANTM and that's about the only redeeming quality. It's nice to see them tear strips off the girls :)

But the quality of contestant seems to be much lower when compared to the US version.

I'd rather watch ANTM or CNTM before this one.

• Advertisement

They ARE really personal aint they! The girls usually leave in tears!! Surely it cant be 100% the girls fault if the pic turn out rough! Im sure they pick the worst ones jus to lay into them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    The judges on BNTM suck!! Huggy Ragnasson looks so plastic! Whats with da lips and as for the other guy!! He is so tryin to be like Jay manuel! Aint gonna happen!
    The girls are a bit dodgy! Some nice ones but there quite a few dodgy ones!! Whats da story with Aaron! Rough as guts! Chavtastic! Looks like her true colours will come out this week!
    Ill still watch it though!!:D

Yes I'll still watch it too, it's just too addictive! It's the other judge, the 'Jay Manuel wanabe' that gets me, did you see him on the photo shoot with the sports car? Even Lisa Snowden asked him what the hell he was doing! I am just mesmerised with Huggy's lips, they must have a gallon of collagen in them... and a famous model? I sure of hell hadn't heard of her!

Totally Hooked!!
    He hadnt a breeze what he was doing! Even when there critiquing (sp) the pics hes like thats a fab pic and everyone else is like NO! its rank! haha!!
    As for Huggy shes a know-it-all that know nothing!!
    Its a great comedy show!!

Bring back Jonathon Phang! He was funny!

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Totally Hooked!!
    He hadnt a breeze what he was doing! Even when there critiquing (sp) the pics hes like thats a fab pic and everyone else is like NO! its rank! haha!!
    As for Huggy shes a know-it-all that know nothing!!
    Its a great comedy show!!

Bring back Jonathon Phang! He was funny!

I loved Jonathan Pang, he could deliver a put-down like no-one else. Plus I miss Paula Hamilton, she was brilliant, totally evil. She cracked me up in the photo shoot where they had to pose nude, she ended up getting starkers herself and going up really close to the girls so they were getting a good ol eyeful! Classic

I reckon Rachael has it won, she gives me the hump, she completely looks like a man and what's all this about her reading the bible every night in bed and yet she's the biggest B*^ch of the lot!

Yeah not feeling Rachel at all!! She has to have the most annoying voice and the world!! She ll get caught out for her lies! Cant wait for that!!
    My fav would have to be Lynzi or Leanne(even though she cries at everything)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bubble_bee

yea, it's pretty much just the poor man's ANTM!:p the shoots look way cheaper, and the girls aren't really that great (not that i'm a model myself but y'kno what i mean!!) and they're all english aswell, thought it was britain's next top model?? there had to have been some cool scot/welsh/NI girls aswell?!;)

Now that you mention it i never twigged that they were all english! Hmm wonder why that is! Maybe it so they could sell the show to other countries!?! I would imagine people from other countries would have a difficult time understanding some of the accents!! Jus an idea! I have a hard enough time understanding Nadine Coyle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

This show really sucks, it's such a bad rip off of ANTM. I *hate* Lisa Snowdon, she tries so hard to be Tyra Banks, I didn't even know that she used to model. Everything about the show looks cheap, the sets, photographers, judges, prizes - the winner of last weeks challenge got to keep her Asos outfit. Wow.

This show really sucks, it's such a bad rip off of ANTM. I *hate* Lisa Snowdon, she tries so hard to be Tyra Banks, I didn't even know that she used to model. Everything about the show looks cheap, the sets, photographers, judges, prizes - the winner of last weeks challenge got to keep her Asos outfit. Wow.

Haha, they looked so gutted when they heard their prize, they were trying to look pleased, but you could tell they were thinking WTF? Stephanie is now officially the one I hate the most, her admitting to dating Lee Ryan and then pretending that she was upset that it got out! Give me a break, she is such a wanabe, thought it was funny when the girl from heat said that EVERYONE had dated Lee Ryan. Get Stephanie out!:p

Just caught the end of this last night, how come there was two sent home? Can't say I'm surprised at the two that went - both ruff, I really hated the one that looks like a witch though.

Just caught the end of this last night, how come there was two sent home? Can't say I'm surprised at the two that went - both ruff, I really hated the one that looks like a witch though.

They do that every now and again to 'stir things up', they did it in the series before last too. Martha deserved to go, but the other girl (name?) wasn't the worst. Rachael really needs to go home, she is such an insincere drama queen.

Has anyone else noticed that Gerry Deveux has less and less part in it now? They don't even let him direct the shoots now! They have obviously reaslised how hopeless he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Dee369369

I can't stand their accents so i never got round to watching it properly.it doesn't look good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ccass1502

i hate BNTM. it is just not gettin the concept. it doesn't focus on the modelling enough. is it weird that i'm a young lad and i like ANTM. series 10 is on youtube, just finished 2 weeks ago. don't look up the winner first, it'll ruin it. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::D:):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ANTM is a definite guilty pleasure of mine but BNTM is awful. Awful, awful, awful. The photoshoots are cheap and nasty, the runway show in last year's finale looked like it was done in someone's back garden, Huggy is one of the most vile things I've ever seen, Jerry needs to get himself a real job and stop putting on that stupid Jamaican accent, and Lisa Snowden should admit that she's pretty much only known for having dated George Clooney.

Sending 2 home was such a lame attempt to copy ANTM, and to send Leanne home after she had been doing quite well (she did win the CD cover last week) was a joke. Martha deserved to go (seriously....how far apart were her eyes!) but Aaron, Stefanie and Ali are much worse than Leanne.

Rachel really needs to go home, but she's probably going to win it. She used to be in that TV show 'Dcotors' so she'd probably be seen as high-profile enough to be the winner and give the show some credibility (much like ANTM crowning Saleisha the winner last year).

It sucks, but I'm still going to watch it every week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Anything Britain rips off the USA ends up terrible, including Britains next top model, rip offs of Amercian Idol/Americas got talent, that runway show where they take randomers and have them make dresses etc.

Then anything Ireland rips off Britain/USA is f*cking awful too.

Due to the girlfriend liking the show, I've seen a fair bit of Americas Next Top Model. Decent watch I suppose, but she's put on Britains Next Top Model and my God, what a cheap, tacky rip off. I'm surprised they're even still producing it, if anything they should be embarrassed at the state of it. The set, in comparison with the American version is just awful, the girls (and their accents) aren't anything remotely near "model" material and the judges are just lol.

• Advertisement

you people have a lot of patience to be even able to watch BNTM. when the promos came on to livingtv, it looked so good but it really is shockin bad. love antm though, i'm so addicted. do people agree with cycle 10 winner *****. don't want to spoil it on you. i watched it all on youtube. very cool cycle...gettin a bit sick of tyra though
    :D

ccass1502 wrote: »
    you people have a lot of patience to be even able to watch BNTM. when the promos came on to livingtv, it looked so good but it really is shockin bad. love antm though, i'm so addicted. do people agree with cycle 10 winner *****. don't want to spoil it on you. i watched it all on youtube. very cool cycle...gettin a bit sick of tyra though
    :D

I have to agree, I loved Tyra in the earlier series, but she has gotten a little up herself in the more recent ones. Ooh, all excited about series 10, anyone know when it is coming on Living?

CYCLE 10 IS ON YOUTUBE. THE SERIES ENDED THREE WEEKS AGO. YOU'LL LOVE THE WINNER. PLEASE DO NOT LOOK UP THE WINNER B4 YOU WATCH IT. IT WILL RUIN IT

CYCLE 10 IS ON YOUTUBE. THE SERIES ENDED THREE WEEKS AGO. YOU'LL LOVE THE WINNER. PLEASE DO NOT LOOK UP THE WINNER B4 YOU WATCH IT. IT WILL RUIN IT

Damn and blast it all, my broadband is waaaaaay to slow to enjoy Youtube. Guess i'll have to wait like a pleb for it to come on Living....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Good god, is that comic sans? Seriously, turn off the caps lock and use the normal font. That's a bit headwrecking.

ANTM probably wont be shown till BNTM is over :(

BNTM is the pits but I still end up watching it every week. Who do you think will win? I think Stefanie will, she doesn't really look like a model, but she's easily the best looking of all the girls and probably the most professional. I hope Catherine goes next, she's a mess but adores herself.

Advertisement