Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Character Discussion #2 - Old Greg

Options
  • 14-05-2008 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Seven days later so time for a new one -

I see that Old Greg is really a love/hate character on these boards, so i'm hoping this will inspire a bit of discussion.

Personally as I have explained before - Old Greg is who really got me into the Boosh. It was the second episode I saw and it really hooked me. "The Legend of Old Greg" just summed up the Boosh to me on first viewing - Odd, quirky, off the wall characters.

I wouldn't class him as a favorite or anything but I think that having only got a one episode airing that some are being unfairly dismissive of him. Look at Bob Fossil - how many episodes did it take for him to grow on you ?

So I say to all the Old Greg haters out there - "Calm down now, fuzzy little man peach" :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I love Old Gregg

The whole "mangina" and"do you love me" and Baileys shtick really does it for me, in my balls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

where else could you find someone askin "do ya wanna go to a club were people wee on each other" :D old gregg is great, i love his water colours....."this ones baileys...mm creamy"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

took me a good while to really like old gregg. initially, i'd've easily pointed it for my least favourite of series one, but the more i watch it, the more i love it. and the love games song is fantastic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Evenescent

I love Old Greg - Particularly when he has had a shoe full of Baileys

*do you love me ...are you playin your love games with me?* (constantly in my head)

tis so clever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I found a funky ball of tits from outer space :pac:

He's such a funny, messed up character that you can't help but love him! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I didn't like him at first, but after a while I realised he was class! Didn't see the end of the episode though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dr. Gonz

Me and my friends never stop quoting him. Haha, definitely one of the best characters on the show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I loved the way they used him to cap off the live DVD. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

It's Old Gregg, not Old Greg ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

It's Old Gregg, not Old Greg ;)

Sshhh or I'll come at you like a trombone full of mannerisms and grammar:D

"You've made me very happy, Howard. Old Gregg's going to pick out a nice wedding dress, maybe crack open a fresh Baileys. I'm Old Gregg! "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

I love Old Gregg. Out of all the characters they're done, he's still my favourite. Especially when he's trying to seduce Howard! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Vascular15

Easily my favourite character outiside the main 2 ,

i cried for that entire episode, just ridiculously funny

"this is as close as you can get to baileys without getting your eyes wet", wtf

Advertisement