Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG Aesthetics

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I currently own a JG36c, JGMP5A4, KJM92 and M1911. I've never been to a skirmish and don't intend to. I regard myself as a collector and just love the aesthetic and look of certain replicas. I've lashed a few bb's through each of my airsoft devices but thats not why I bought them.

I live in an apartment at the moment but when I get a bigger place I'd love to have a dedicated wall to hang my aegs, gbbs. etc. I regard them as a piece of art. OTT i know but I'd rather look at my JG36c than a Renoir.

Interestingly the few people I mentioned my aeg's to thought I was nuts but when they saw and used them twas "brilliant, ****in' mad, where do I get one etc."

Any other collectors out there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I suppose I am seeing as I have yet to go to a skirmish and have a small collection.

3 Glocks, Sig P226, USP.45, M1911 D.

MP7A1, G36C, G36K, AUG A1, SCAR-L, L96 and an AG36 launcher.

I really need a rack or something at this stage.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

To heck with that, I need a new house.

Glen however could out gun a Central American country.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I reckon theres a collector in Limerick that could put us all to shame...:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

im a bit of both really, i skirmish all the time but i get new stuff just for the hell of it, not coz i need it or anything., :D
    When i started it i had a gun bag, then i progressed to a gun wall, and now its the gun room.,lol.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I Collect only and have not made it to a skirmish yet.
    (Partly cos I dont drive and my free time is taken up shooting real steel)
    I do plan on getting to G-Tac sometime I just dont know when.

I've been falling behind with my buying lately as as had bills etc but am planning
    on making another 1-3 purchases in June/July.

At the moment I got two possible rooms in my house that I could use to display my
    Airsoft Kit. I would ideally love to get that stuff the walk in shops use to mount the
    AEG's etc. I forget what its called (somebody mentioned the trade name here before)

I have a back bedroom upstairs that is not used...well its our Cat Bedroom as our
    pet cats sleep on the chair and on top of the beds in the room. I could dedicate
    one entire room to the Airsoft Kit.

The other room is my garage that was converted into a room. This is my
    Lord of the rings / Bullets room where I do my model making, painting, casting
    and where I have on display the models and a collection of Militeria. This would be ideal
    to display my kit but I have less available wall space and also its down stairs
    so anyone looking in the window could see and I could get unwanted attention.

I have got to take an updated family shot of all my Kit but I dont think it
    will all fit in only picture anymore so make have to take two next time.
    (I can only take photos when I know my neighbors are not about dont
    want to spook them)

I got to get me some new Pics too as I am sure the peeps here are sick of seeing
    me post the same ones over and over again!!! But I am Proud of my collection as
    I only started collecting last year.

th_family-feb08.jpgth_p903.jpgth_PICT0012.jpg
    th_PICT0013.jpgth_IMG_0033.jpgth_ak74-1.jpg

~B

• Advertisement

bullets wrote: »
    Airsoft Kit. I would ideally love to get that stuff the walk in shops use to mount the
    AEG's etc. I forget what its called (somebody mentioned the trade name here before)

Its called slat wall, tony got a load of it the week before last, give him a shout and find out where he got it.,:) i was thinking bout doing the same thing with it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That's a serious scope you have on the M14 Bullets!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah slat walls, we use the exact same ones tony has in our store in argos.

you can get them from a wholesaler i think ,

dnt know prices

zero19 wrote: »
    That's a serious scope you have on the M14 Bullets!

Its my old scope that I used to use on my real steel rifle.
    Nikko Stirling Platinum ''Nighteater'' 6-24 x 56mm objective lens
    illiuminated Mil Dot reticle with Sidewheel focus tis about 200 Euros.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its my old scope that I used to use on my real steel rifle.
    Nikko Stirling Platinum ''Nighteater'' 6-24 x 56mm objective lens
    illiuminated Mil Dot reticle with Sidewheel focus tis about 200 Euros.

~B

I hear they have them on dealextreme now for a tenner :D

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    Its called slat wall, tony got a load of it the week before last, give him a shout and find out where he got it.,:) i was thinking bout doing the same thing with it.,

Holy Crap looking st some websites for this slat wall its working out a Euro a cm!!!
    a 1.2m by .9m Panel is 122 Euros!!!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Never been to a skirmish either and would consider myself a 'collector' before an 'airsofter'. I like getting airsoft guns that have some history behind them, the ones that I'd like to own for real, but couldnt afford and/or are far too much hassle to get.

I'm not into those modern guns at all, glocks, H&K's, m16s etc etc, I think they're all pretty similar and plasticy, the only 'plastic wonder' :pac: I have is an AUG, but the only reason for that is to relieve my FCA days :p

Got myself a DBoys K98 yesterday (review soon to follow), have an MP40, Luger and 1911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

It's funny, I always forget about the collectors in airsoft. When I think about the airsoft community I tend to segregate it into people who are serious skirmishers and ner-do-wells who's motivation for owning an AEG is to shoot cats and hassle grannies.

Do you guys worry that if moves are made to restrict the purchasing and ownership of airsoft devices to skirmishers and keep them out of the hands of muppets, that you'll be unable to continue collecting AEGs as a hobby?

I think most skirmishers are collectors to a degree, I mean I have around 8 AEGs/GBBs, there's no way I could carry all of that stuff out into the field. I do try to justify each purchase by christening it at my next skirmish. It's not a real AEG until it's scored at least one kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im sure down the line ill get have a collection at home, theres items id like merely to have, like a kar98k, an m4, an m14, beretta etc the list goes on

i could swop and change for skirmishes but again, just to have and view upon and mess with.

like i think personally a kar98k is a piece everyone should have, they are just a joyful piece of engineering, they may not be too techy or anything, but i think they are just amazing...

ive never fired one but held a real steel that wasnt fired but just even messing with the bolt etc was something else, its a piece that will never come into commision ever again, now that most modern sniper rifles even are aiming towards the full auto yet perfect accuracy.

Holy Crap looking st some websites for this slat wall its working out a Euro a cm!!!
    a 1.2m by .9m Panel is 122 Euros!!!

~B

thats very expencive, i think it was comming in at about 50-60quid for a board 4ft wide by about 12ft high on the ones tony got., you can get all fancy laminated ones too but ya really pay for them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

vtec wrote: »
    thats very expencive, i think it was comming in at about 50-60quid for a board 4ft wide by about 12ft high on the ones tony got., you can get all fancy laminated ones too but ya really pay for them.,

Check out some of the shop fitting crowds, they might be a bit cheaper.

Advertisement