Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prefects

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So were/are you a prefect in school? Or in the case of my school we have prefects in 6th year and they are relieved of their duties for the last 2 months by "moniters" (I'm one of those).

Were/are you a prefect 28 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm a prefect... we don't really do anything though. We're meant to look after the junior classes but I'm not even sure which class I'm supposed to be in charge of. The head girl and deputy heads basically do all the work. We get shiny badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Was a prefect but this year it was more about a 6th year programme welcoming 1st years.pretty good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The prefects in our school consist mostly of retards with the token foreigner thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭titan18

no such thing in my school, if there was, someone would beat them up, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Yep I was for this school year (finished school today :D). It was fun, it was really about helping the first years settle in...which went well. We'd stop in corridors and talk to them and stuff.

We had to do other small things too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

None in ours! Some 6th years show 1st years around the school for two weeks at the start of the year though, take em to classes and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

All the prefects (and for the last 2 months of the year Monitors) do is sit in the lunch rooms and take registration on a Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I was/am head girl. I chaired the Student Council, made a few speeches, and was used for a few photo ops for the school. That was about the sum of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

No prefects in my school.

Otherwise like, I'd so be one like.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

I'm a prefect but it all it means to me is the badge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

we dont have prefects, but we do have the meithael program(all schools in wexford do) it basically means we go away with another lads school and 2 girls schools for 3days in the summer to be trained, then we come back and help fist years to integrate! ie, we get off a class or 2 a week!! Its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

im a prefect and we are meant to go down to our prefect class every lunch time for 10 mins but we dont bother...it looks good on a C.V thats why i became one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

In 5th year and they've been picked for next year and I'm not one, thanksbetehgod.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mstorres

Im head girl and tho the oppotunity was great the number of speeches i had 2 write was a nightmare!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Im a prefect / ceannaire of junior certs, basically i represent them. We get to take them for free classes rarely , and play games. Give advice etc.. if they have issues they come to me! But most of them are too shy.. though i was lucky to get the class i got cause i know most of them pretty well.Also on students council representing 6th year , it gets a shade confusing... we get no badges or anything... most people dont care. I hardly get to see my class anyways, but it's still a nice tradition.Time to go do appreciation of art history question now.. we just started it today. My teacher is a gookbag. Only visited the Gallery yesterday. That was completely off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

What is a prefect? They sound really gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'm a prefect myself but I haven't done anything since september. Its not just me though, there is a group of about 12 of us and no-one has done anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

disssco wrote: »
    What is a prefect? They sound really gay.

yes by default all prefects must be gay, sorry guys

on another note we dont have prefects itd be nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

So were/are you a prefect in school? Or in the case of my school we have prefects in 6th year and they are relieved of their duties for the last 2 months by "moniters" (I'm one of those).
    LOL.

Advertisement