Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help beginners luck needed

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

i have been a regular boards reader now for a few months and enjoy reading your threads..i have been playin online poker for over a year now and have lost a grand, have a negative return on investment of 12 % out of 500 odd games... i feel tat lately i have been improving a small bit lately and have outlined my main weaknesses:
    Boredom
    Concentration
    get involved in pots with jack shyte tryin to pull of play of the century..

although i find online poker for recreational use mostly 30 quid a week.enuf for four or five 6 man 10 dollars.Shud i increase my deposits ?? i really want to get ride of these weaknesses.. for people that play regurarly online wat are there tips to counter boredom n concentration. i always seem to be able to win my first game but lose concentration and constantly switchin levels 10 dollar 6 mans up to 50 dollars when i have won a few, n go on boards or youtube while in games.. (even though i play them most of the time i hate 10 dollar as they r full of the biggest calling stations that theres no point in makin a play on).
    Also i always struggle to walk away with money in my acc..always have to play till there no more left....shud i just renown to the fact that i am a poor online poker player n cut my losses
    Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Very possibly the best tip you'll get - Research what Bankroll Management is and try to impliment it. Without it, no matter how good a player is, they will go broke.

Just do a search here and you'll find loads of threads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Ive yet to hear about sng/tourney coaches?? Is there such a thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

sneakyaces wrote: »
    even though i play them most of the time i hate 10 dollar as they r full of the biggest calling stations that theres no point in makin a play on

Well, this is the first point. If you want to improve online you have to know what class of player you're playing against. Stop trying flashy plays if you don't think your opponent is capable of folding a hand. Bet your strong hands and fold your weak ones, and you'll easily beat the calling stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dougalinho10

If your having problems with patience and concentration then why dont you multi table like 4 tables, it keeps you on your toes.

Also with bankroll management never use more than 5% of your bankroll in one game.

If your playing bad have a break for a few hours/days.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

If I was to be playing $10 sngs, I'd like to have $300 dollars in my account. Jump up a another level when you have min 30 buy-ins (Go up to $20 sngs when you've doubled your money to $600 dollars). I'd drop down a level if you go below 25 buy-ins (Drop down to €5 sngs when if your balance goes to €250). Of course these rules are very flexable, you can start taking shots whenever you feel ready.

I'd also start taking shots at 50 nl cash when you build your bank up to €750. And you're well on your way to becoming a pro.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

dvdfan wrote: »
    Ive yet to hear about sng/tourney coaches?? Is there such a thing??

yes, they probably all are dire tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

If someone was goingto put $300 online an focus on playing sng's what site would people recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

If someone was goingto put $300 online an focus on playing sng's what site would people recommend?

In my opinion it's unquestionably Pokerstars. Ipoker might be alright aswell, although I find that site very annoying because of the bad software.

Also read the SNG strategy posts over at Flopturnriver and apply my bank roll plan and with a bit of luck you're on your way to becoming a winning player.

http://poker-strategy.flopturnriver.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sneakyaces

thanx for the tips.. is multitablin easier in concentration never really multitable, how many wud ye play ata time

Advertisement