Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox to monitor

Options
  • 13-05-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

righto, im off to germany for a few months and am leaving my gaming pc behind :(

my plan is to get an xbox (for gta4 :D:D:D) and also get this 22" monitor to hook it up to. now im a total n00basourous when it comes to hookin up one thing to another with different types of cables and crap... so can anyone tell me will this combo work together outta the box or am i gonna have to go get an aftermarket cable or adapter?...and if so, which one?...

(id like to make use of the whole hdmi thing even, my laptop has hdmi input aswell, would be nice if i could hook the lappy up to the 22" for movies aswell.)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Microsoft have an officially supported Xbox 360 VGA cable which you can use to plug it into any PC monitor. It also has and audio cable with it to plug it into external speakers, since most pc monitors don't have any of their own. It costs about €20.

I use my 360 with a 20" widescreen LG monitor this way, its grand. Finished GTA 4 on it the other day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Stephen wrote: »
    Microsoft have an officially supported Xbox 360 VGA cable which you can use to plug it into any PC monitor. It also has and audio cable with it to plug it into external speakers, since most pc monitors don't have any of their own. It costs about €20.

I use my 360 with a 20" widescreen LG monitor this way, its grand. Finished GTA 4 on it the other day :)

edit; didnt read your post properly... at the moment im lookin at;

xbox + gta4
    already have this
    speakers
    stereo adapter
    stereo coupler

i thought the xbox 360 had vga input tho?

Advertisement