Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help re-naming wireless eircom network??

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

anyone know how to get into netopia page where i can give my eircom modem a specific name?

any help appreciated,

cossieh

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

cant you do this by opening your web browser and goin to 192.168.1.254 ?

That should get you into your eircom wireless connection, and just rename it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cossieh

Hi

I want to customise the name of my eircom wireless network, I seem to remember once logging on to a netopia site to do this. Anyone know the web address to do this?

many thanks

cossieh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

http://192.168.1.254 should do it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As per the address above just go into wireless settings and rename the network dont forget to save your settings. Change the security to wpa while you are at it.

Why would you being to a netopia site to do it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved from broadband to wireless

• Advertisement
Advertisement