Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulldog Scam.

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Im looking into getting a brittish bulldog and came across this ad

http://united-kingdom.mercattel.com/html/ad/522730/english-bulldog-puppies-for-adoption.html

I contacted the advertiser and received this email back

Hi,
    Thanks for the interest that you have in adopting one of these my lovely and adorable precious English bull dogs.I will first of all like to inform you that you have just got the right puppies for i breed quality English bull dog puppies which are well trained and all vet checked.I am not selling the babies but giving them out for adoption to caring,loving and affectionate homes out there.So all you need to do is to assure me that you are going to treat the puppy with love and care and give it that home it deserves.So what you are going to do now is to provide me with the following informations so that i can start with the adoption procedure.
    Your full names............
    Country......................
    State......................
    Zip code......................
    And the name of the nearest airport to your location..................
    so with all that i wait for your quick and humble reply as soon as possible for these lovely and adorable gigantic bullies are being scrambled for!{but just know you will get one}
    Thanks.
    Waiting.
    Greetings.
    NB:Here are some of their pictures do get back for more.

The picture attatched looked like it was pulled straight off google!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

2 options, get them all excited and make them think there going to get money off you and then laugh at them after the wind up! then put them down as spam, or just report them as spam and ignore..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Friend of mine was thinking of getting a dog (last one died age15) and asked for help to look on internet. Decided to see what was available and get an idea of prices, It's scary how many obviously dodgy adds their are. People must fall for these scams or there wouldn't be so many. Even when we found one looked like a family with unwanted pups, parents can be seen..etc. it turned out to be a guy who was up north, could be in Dublin next few days or deliver, parents mysteriously unavailable and wanted a deposit. he sent 4 emails after one enquiry getting more pushy each time. He got no reply but kept sending. How do people fall for this kind of thing? Is it lack of knowledge or lack of care?
    After calling shelters got x-breed pup of type wanted be ready in 3 weeks.(homecheck to come first)They were great and Knew plenty of places to find particular breeds. If you're not looking to show/breed try a few it will only cost a few calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As I type, the Google ads on the top of this boards.ie are for "Puppys for Sale". The link I click on brings me to ebay! Nice way to buy a puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

Have a look here http://www.irishdogs.ie/
    All sorts of breeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

those people sent me an email dont know why i am a german shepherd person .It is defo a scam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

My friend actually got stung on this exact scam!! After you give them ur details they will ask you for money for the flight etc. They gave him flight numbers and everything, and only when he got to Dublin Airport he realised he was had!! And he is the last person i would expect to fall for anything like this, but he did...maybe cause he wanted that type of dog so badly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

yes they are geniune scams alright,even alot of websites that try to sell them are mostly puppy farms.
    the best way to go about this breed looking up the reputable breeders.
    http://www.ikc.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just to get an idea of what these puppy farms can potentially be like ..

http://www.dspca.ie/news_item.php?number=250&type=News&archive=No

Advertisement