Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring TomTom favourites after installing new maps?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Hi lads - I've just bought and installed the new Ireland and UK maps on the TomTom, but the effect was to wipe all the useful Favourites I've saved - Lidl shops in obscure locations, directions to the homes of friends who live behind Galway's maze of one-way streets and roundabouts, etc.

I looked at the 'Restore' option on TomTom Home, but it says it would wipe the new map if I used it. Is there any way to restore *only* the Favourites?

(Incidentally, I have an odd error - does anyone else have this? - when I use Irish voices, the words 'You have reached your destination' don't sound, unless you press the bottom left part of the screen after the word 'then....' and long pause. The English voices do sound this phrase.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Turns out that the file needed - which in future I should remove before installing new maps and backing up - is mapsettings.cfg (this is a Mac instruction, but perhaps the file is the same on a PC?)

I struck lucky, not having yet backed up the new map, which would have wiped the Favourites.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Are there any great improvements on the maps ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Could the op Say if the Maps are better or
    not?
    oras an Aside Could Someone Just Say Which is the best MaP for rural Ireland. . . ta

Advertisement